Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Replacement headlight lens only?

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2007, 10:18 PM
mcwhitet
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replacement headlight lens only?

Hey fellas,

Long time lurker here, recently purchased an '01 seal grey TT with Car Graphic wheels, FVD exhaust, EVO intake, HKS springs/sways, other minor mods. Car looks fantastic, but the headlight lenses are cloudy and I've already polished them for an hour each. They do look much better than when I started, but I think there must be a source for buying new lenses. Everywhere I have looked, which is about 8 sites and Google, has the complete assembly, bulbs, covers, film, etc, but no lenses. Anybody out there have any ideas about where I can find them???

I'll post some pix as soon as I can, seal grey on black/chrome wheels is sharp![IMG][/IMG]
Old 12-27-2007, 08:11 PM
Austin
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, the age old question, can I buy things like they used to sell them 20 years ago? I wish it were so.

For this you have 1 option from Porsche Motorsports:

The lens covers were available via Porsche for the (race model) 996 RS and RSR cars. The GT3 R might have had it also, can't recall. These cars had a high intensity 4 piece head light system mounted inside the fender behind a stationary clear plastic cover. It was not a single part number unit and didn't have headlight washer either.

These lenses from the "R-Cars" can be likely be found, but they won't fit and attach like factory original. They're meant to be attached as creatively as you like.

Best bet is to invest in a new or good used pair of Porsche Genuine lights and put the clear film over them. Or, clean yours as best as possible and "French" them, that is put the yellow lighting film on them.

I've also seen aftermarket reproductions of the RSR lenses, but have no idea where from or if they're still available.

Quick Reply: Replacement headlight lens only?