Sponsored by:

New mod; +10 hp

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2007, 01:29 AM
Mr. C4
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Juha G
Yeah, I know. But did Porsche call these cars GT3 CS like they call the RS's? I don't think Porsche ever called nor badged the cars as CS neither are there any OEM GT3 CS side decals. (as far as I know).

If there is such a thing as a GT3 CS model designation, then what I'm doing is posing and I hate posing.

Ps. I travel to Singapore quite often (In fact I just got back from there last Saturday). It would be great to meet up sometime for beer and Porsche chat!
I don't think the GT3 Clubsport was ever a designated model and neither has any of the previous Clubsport Porsches been.

Give me a call on +65 9667 4590 next time you are in Singapore!

Ciao,

J.

Last edited by Mr. C4; 12-19-2007 at 07:18 AM.
Old 12-19-2007, 06:05 AM
stuart_w
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

lighten up guys it looks good and not pretentious. I like it.
Old 12-19-2007, 09:20 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by stuart_w
lighten up guys it looks good and not pretentious. I like it.
I guess it's inappropriate to give comments? please.
Old 12-19-2007, 09:24 AM
Juha G
Rennlist Member

Received 63 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by LVDell
I guess it's inappropriate to give comments? please.
No it's not. Everybody has their own opinion and I respect that!
If I couldn't handle critique, I wouldn't post this stuff here!

Agreed that this "stuff" may not belong on a GT3 (more like on a Honda), but I like it so I'm keeping them until I come to my senses...
Old 12-19-2007, 09:27 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

That's the spirit Juha! I think most of us that dissented, also stated that your car looks great irrespective of the "extras"

Enjoy!
Old 12-19-2007, 10:24 AM
Qwickrick
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Is that the factory RS wing? If you remember, I was the one who helped get your wheels sold a few months back.
Rick
Old 12-19-2007, 11:31 AM
datax
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What airlines do you guys use to fly to Singapore? Do you fly thru Europe or Japan? That place is damn far (at least from east coast of US)!!

Nice pictures, Juha! I like the rims. How much are they if you don't mind asking. You can PM me. Thanks.
Old 12-19-2007, 12:55 PM
smlporsche
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Juha-

I've got to say I like it!
At the track GT3's are like my 944 they're a dime a dozen.
So the question then becomes how can you make your car stand out a little from all the rest (in my case black 944's)

Well I decided to add some graphics to it and used the same theme as the GT3 RS's.

It's all in good fun
Attached Images  
Old 12-19-2007, 01:31 PM
Juha G
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Qwickrick
Is that the factory RS wing? If you remember, I was the one who helped get your wheels sold a few months back.
Rick
Thanks for the help Rick! I'm not too happy about selling the wheels but I can tell you that the wife is happy not to have a 3rd set of wheels laying around in the house. The garage is already full of my car stuff in any case...
The wing is aftermarket but identical in shape and size to the OEM one and it's adjustable as well. It does make a noticeable difference in highspeed corners. The car feels so much better and planted trough for example turn #1 at moroso, which is a highspeed right-left sweeper (110 - 120mph).

Originally Posted by datax
What airlines do you guys use to fly to Singapore? Do you fly thru Europe or Japan? That place is damn far (at least from east coast of US)!!

Nice pictures, Juha! I like the rims. How much are they if you don't mind asking. You can PM me. Thanks.
You can fly both ways but I prefer flying west. There are countless connections/routes you can take (trough LA, Chicago, NJ, Hong Kong, Tokyo etc.)
The best connection in my opinion is taking the Singapore Airlines direct flight from Newark (Liberty International) to Singapore. 19hrs non-stop but even the economy class is very comfortable. They actually call it "executive economy" class. The seats are wide and there's plenty legroom, unlike on the "tourist" 747's that fly over the Atlantic.

Originally Posted by smlporsche
Juha-

I've got to say I like it!
At the track GT3's are like my 944 they're a dime a dozen.
So the question then becomes how can you make your car stand out a little from all the rest (in my case black 944's)

Well I decided to add some graphics to it and used the same theme as the GT3 RS's.

It's all in good fun
Very nice man! I like it a lot!
Old 12-19-2007, 02:06 PM
MM-Racing
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The wing is aftermarket but identical in shape and size to the OEM one and it's adjustable as well. It does make a noticeable difference in highspeed corners. The car feels so much better and planted trough for example turn #1 at moroso, which is a highspeed right-left sweeper (110 - 120mph).
Juha where did you buy this wing and what was the price?

Sorry for off-topic but I m looking for second set of wheels and I found this seller in USA: EUROWHEELSUSA.
What is your opinion of it?
Old 12-19-2007, 02:27 PM
Juha G
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MM-Racing
Juha where did you buy this wing and what was the price?

Sorry for off-topic but I m looking for second set of wheels and I found this seller in USA: EUROWHEELSUSA.
What is your opinion of it?
It's ok to go off topic, this topic is kinda "off topic" in any case, already on the first post I did!

I bought the wing from a member at 6speedonline. I can ask him where he bought it originally from.

I'm sorry but not familiar with Eurowheels. Are you looking for wheels for track use or for street? If for track, you should really get proper wheels for that. (i.e. no heavy replicas etc.)
How about some BBS racing wheels from Carnewal? (www.carnewal.com)
I just bought new gaskets, bolts and new centers (to replace the cracked magnesium ones) from Gert and I can highly recommend him and Carnewal. It was a pleasure dealing with these guys!
Old 12-19-2007, 04:12 PM
MM-Racing
Racer

I know that magnesium are the most expensive one.
Old 12-19-2007, 05:34 PM
Jake Ok
Burning Brakes

No it's not. Everybody has their own opinion and I respect that!
If I couldn't handle critique, I wouldn't post this stuff here!

Agreed that this "stuff" may not belong on a GT3 (more like on a Honda), but I like it so I'm keeping them until I come to my senses...
Good taste and Posing is a fine line. Thumbs up for good taste my friend.
I use to live in Sinagpore for the first 20 years of my life and now reside in Toronto, Canada. Great city to visit but sucks to live there.
I will be in Tampa next week after Christmas, love to see your car in person.

Jake
Old 12-19-2007, 05:53 PM
Juha G
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Jake Ok
Good taste and Posing is a fine line. Thumbs up for good taste my friend.
I use to live in Sinagpore for the first 20 years of my life and now reside in Toronto, Canada. Great city to visit but sucks to live there.
I will be in Tampa next week after Christmas, love to see your car in person.

Jake
Thanks!

I like visiting Singapore, it's very clean and people are nice. Plus everybody speaks english there, which is definately not the case in China for example... I would not want to live there though, too many people and man is that an expensive city!

In fact, I just made flight&hotel reservations this afternoon; I will in Singapore from January 9th to 18th again.

Jake, if you end up visiting West Palm Beach area, give me a buzz (954 647 5015), it would be nice to meet a fellow rennlister!

Last edited by Juha G; 12-19-2007 at 07:07 PM.
Old 12-19-2007, 07:32 PM
zicoramone
Aficionado
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Juha: beautiful car.
Regards the CS I can assure you that there is no GT3 CS model. The only 911 CS model that ever existed was the 1978 911 Carrera CS, the first 911 Clubsport. The GT3 didn't adopted the CS as a model because the Clubsport package was offered as a no cost option rather than a model itself. However, like Dell said there are some true GT3 Clubsport and other that simply are fake, not original. I think it would be wrong to put the CS letters even in a true GT3 Clubsport, because officially that doesn't exist. But I can understand your choice and it looks cool.

Now the GT3 R. I'm sorry to say but there is a GT3 R. We had a 1999 GT3 R, a 2000 GT3 R, a 2001 R Cup, a 2004 GT3 R-RS and finally a 2005 GT3 R (the last R)

Last edited by zicoramone; 12-19-2007 at 09:25 PM.

Quick Reply: New mod; +10 hp