Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Picked her up last night

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2007 | 09:35 AM
Dave S
Rennlist Member

Default Picked her up last night

New to me 04 GT3 with only 4600 miles. I will get pics later but first impressions:
Engine=amazing, never expected that much power and right to red line. HFS this thing is a rocket. Previous owner installed the evo shift kit and the transmission shifts are very precise and the throw feels about the same as stock. Other than a painted red center console and radio surround the car is bone stock and since the dealer just certified it I assume the alignment is set to factory specs. So the way the car is set up now I find it kind of twitchy. It also tends to tramline and I could swear I felt some torque steer too.
I have an appointment to install the following mods:
toe links (not sure of brand)
cup car lower control arms
high rate springs and re-valve shocks to match
cup car rear shock towers
cup car engine mounts
align and corner balance
seats, bar, harness
Well I am hoping to feel a world of difference when I get her back and based on comments from others on the board I am very optimistic.
A thank you to all who contribute to this incredible forum. I'll report back after the mods are done.
Old 09-30-2007 | 01:14 PM
Boston
Track Day

Congrats on the purchase! Was this a private sale or through a dealer? I'm toying with the idea of a GT3 to replace my C4S. What type of pricing did you see in the market? Thanks.
Old 09-30-2007 | 01:18 PM
Scott 1996 993c2
Nordschleife Master

Congrats on the new car ... you're gonna love it. Good luck with the mods.

Scott
Old 09-30-2007 | 04:06 PM
Dave S
Rennlist Member

Rob regarding pricing I suggest you see a very recent thread on this forum entitled "what are GT3's going for". I think you will get your answer.
Old 09-30-2007 | 08:07 PM
zicoramone
Aficionado
Rennlist Member

Congratulations. What kind of sets are you thinking of? The Recaro nomex are my favorites.
Old 09-30-2007 | 09:25 PM
Dave S
Rennlist Member

i already have the euro GT3 seats and a Euro Tequipment bar and back braces from my previous vehicle. A simple bolt in I hope
Old 09-30-2007 | 09:35 PM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Have u thought of just keeping stock suspension so u know how it drives then do suspension from there. Seta/harness a must have. Mike
Old 09-30-2007 | 10:23 PM
ron_dargenio
Rennlist Member

Congrats Dave!!! The "GT3 Seeker" has now graduated to "GT3 Maven" status.

Post up those pics asap, and I can tell you I had the same overall impressions when I first got mine two months ago. I only did toe links and monoball rear shock mounts, tires, and alignment, but what a difference. You will be thrilled, I am sure!!!

Best of luck with the new 3.

Originally Posted by Dave S
New to me 04 GT3 with only 4600 miles. I will get pics later but first impressions:
Engine=amazing, never expected that much power and right to red line. HFS this thing is a rocket. Previous owner installed the evo shift kit and the transmission shifts are very precise and the throw feels about the same as stock. Other than a painted red center console and radio surround the car is bone stock and since the dealer just certified it I assume the alignment is set to factory specs. So the way the car is set up now I find it kind of twitchy. It also tends to tramline and I could swear I felt some torque steer too.
I have an appointment to install the following mods:
toe links (not sure of brand)
cup car lower control arms
high rate springs and re-valve shocks to match
cup car rear shock towers
cup car engine mounts
align and corner balance
seats, bar, harness
Well I am hoping to feel a world of difference when I get her back and based on comments from others on the board I am very optimistic.
A thank you to all who contribute to this incredible forum. I'll report back after the mods are done.
Old 09-30-2007 | 10:42 PM
Dave S
Rennlist Member

Thanks Ron, can't wait to get it all done and get in the seat. Chin at the Glen Oct 26-28 and nobody's signed up (no affiliation blah blah) hope to see some more "3" guys. Mike I did the waiting thing on the last car and decided not to go through that again on this one. Just a personal feeling and without prejudice to anyone else's viewpoint I do not see how driving a car with a rear suspension moving around on its bushings is going to teach me a valuable lesson.
Old 09-30-2007 | 10:55 PM
Qwickrick
Three Wheelin'

Congratulations Dave
You'll grow to love it. When I got mine, I went with the Euro GT3 seats, Tequipment Roll bar, TRG rear toelinks and WEVO engine mounts. Also had a track alignment, lowered it, added more camber front and rear, had it corner balanced and recently installed the 997 GT3 shifter. When installing Fabspeed mufflers, I somehow lost my cats but found some bypass pipes to replace them.

Where are you going to have the work done?

Rick
Old 09-30-2007 | 11:39 PM
zed996tt
Rennlist Member

New to me 04 GT3 with only 4600 miles. ........
Wonderful. Congrats to you. Ride this wild beast with care!
Old 10-01-2007 | 10:44 AM
ron_dargenio
Rennlist Member

since the dealer just certified it I assume the alignment is set to factory specs. .
Dave, I am not so sure that during Certification, an alignment check is done. Maybe someone can chime in with the facts. Probably a moot point since you are modding....

Quick Reply: Picked her up last night