OMP Seat & DAS Sport Roll/Harness Bar Pics

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2007, 09:30 PM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Received 218 Likes on 108 Posts
Default OMP Seat & DAS Sport Roll/Harness Bar Pics

As promised ....

GT3 seats don't fit me well. I'm too tall (6' 4") and my shoulders are too wide for them so I had to find another seat that would work. I went with the OMP Big seats. They have the tallest seatback of any manufacturer. Getting them to fit in the car was a challenge. They are snug.

I went with the DAS Sport bar (powdercoated red) for a few reasons. It is less $$$ than the Tequipement bar, the bar where the upper harnesses attach is set back a few inches further than the Tequipement bar and it has some additional cross bracing.

I had AutoImport in Ottawa here do the seat/bar install and they did a great job. The seats are slightly wider than stock so they don't quite fit into the stock holes in the floor. I also wanted the driver's seat bolted as low to the floor as possible without sliders. I need the headroom. They used standard Brey-Krause brackets, bolted to an aluminum plate which is then bolted to the car. No extra holes!!! The passenger seat is on a slider and is about 2" higher than the driver's.

I couldn't be happier. What a difference from driving around with stock seats.
Attached Images        
Old 09-23-2007, 10:49 PM
Scott 1996 993c2
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Great info and pics Chris ... I'm also 6'4" ... thanks for sharing.

Scott
Old 09-24-2007, 12:37 AM
P.J.S.
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Chris --

thanks for sharing... this is my winter project!

quick question -- did you try the Recaro SPG XL seats? If so, how would you say the OMP seats compare? Taller? Wider? etc...

I have been told that the Evo3 Sparco seats will not fit in a 996GT3 and the only other large seats I have sat in are the Recaros...
Old 09-24-2007, 10:40 PM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Received 248 Likes on 204 Posts

Very nice-look just like mine cept seats. Am I imagining but does the passenger seat sit higher then driver side on that pic? I like the high lapbelt shell portion-really snug/fit). Just yummy : ). Mike
Old 09-24-2007, 11:28 PM
RJFabCab
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Chris,

I am amazed that you got those seats in there. No room to spare!

The bar looks great.

Where is the receptacle for the 3 point belt? Can you stil get to it?
Old 09-24-2007, 11:38 PM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Received 218 Likes on 108 Posts

The passenger seat does sit higher. It's on a slider. Much, much easier to install.

The 3 point seatbelt receptacle is there, it's just a bit of work to get it in. I have to go by feel. Usually I'm at the track so I have a dummy seat belt clip that stays in so the chime doesn't come on.

The only other seats I've sat in were the Evo 2 and regular GT3 seat. All I did was print off all the seat dimensions from all the manufacturers and then I had my buddy measure me up while sitting on the floor. The OMP was the best fit for my hips, tall back etc. I ordered one seat at first to see if it would fit and then ordered the second. I'm sure an Evo 3 will fit but you have to be creative. It will take some work. For me, the seatback of the Evo 3 was too short.

The shoulder wing on the drivers side has made an indentation on the driver's door plastic. Like I said, very, very snug but they do fit.

Quick Reply: OMP Seat & DAS Sport Roll/Harness Bar Pics