Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 06:45 PM
Austin
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Rick,
We run JRZ or Motons. They're best for varieties, spares availability, Porsche valving, and performance. Also they have direct applications, no custom fabrication of mounts or odd size spring perches. JRZ Holland has outstanding service and has been known to stay on schedule and work miracles for us.

JRZ has a product line called RS, they're single adjustable advanced dampers for both street and track usage. Unlike race dampers, you don't have to rebuild as often. They're also less expensive, right around $3200/set. Most Doubles run $4500-$5500.

JRZ builds custom hoses for us, we can place all the shocks in the same place inside the cabin. Looks bitchen and is functional. Ideally you don't want to go longer than 50" on hoses. They will also do other custom features by request.

Quick disconnects will increase the price of dampers, "QD's" are used in the race environment where an entire shock or strut is changed as part of a fast change when the car pits usually due to a collision. QD's can also be used on production applications in place of disconnecting the hoses during install. This enables smaller holes to be drilled through the body of the car.
Old 09-25-2007, 06:46 PM
Austin
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by jrgordonsenior
Hey Austin.... Do you ever replace cup car springs as a maintainance item? It's something I've always wondered about especially now that my 03' cup is finishing it's 4th year of racing. Do springs lose their spring?.....
all, reference other thread on Cup Car boards about springs.
Old 09-25-2007, 07:58 PM
Austin
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by boqueron
Austin,

Sorry to keep you busy..

Then , the figures in order to rebuilt and install the Sachs in my car will be (?):

Revalving 4x 300 = 1200
Perches= 1000
Tenders= 300

TOTAL 2.500 ?
Springs + ancillaries will be about $1000, if you want to run the Tender springs in place of helper springs add about $300.

Rebuild is about $300 per damper.
Old 09-26-2007, 02:00 AM
datax
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Austin
Hey Rick,
We run JRZ or Motons. They're best for varieties, spares availability, Porsche valving, and performance. Also they have direct applications, no custom fabrication of mounts or odd size spring perches. JRZ Holland has outstanding service and has been known to stay on schedule and work miracles for us.

JRZ has a product line called RS, they're single adjustable advanced dampers for both street and track usage. Unlike race dampers, you don't have to rebuild as often. They're also less expensive, right around $3200/set. Most Doubles run $4500-$5500.

JRZ builds custom hoses for us, we can place all the shocks in the same place inside the cabin. Looks bitchen and is functional. Ideally you don't want to go longer than 50" on hoses. They will also do other custom features by request.

Quick disconnects will increase the price of dampers, "QD's" are used in the race environment where an entire shock or strut is changed as part of a fast change when the car pits usually due to a collision. QD's can also be used on production applications in place of disconnecting the hoses during install. This enables smaller holes to be drilled through the body of the car.
Hi Austin,
Is there something from Motons that can compare to JRZ RS? Or, all Motons are DAs? I'm also thinking of revalving my dampers with stiffer a bit stiffer springs but if the price of the JRZs aren't too far away, I might as well get a brand new one.

Quick Reply: Cup shocks for a GT3 and revalving..?