Notices
996 GT2/GT3 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Had to make an emergency U turn on the way to the track yesterday!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2007 | 09:37 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by sjanes
"How was your day honey?"
"we had a girl"
"damn"

For our first child, start of labor to holding our son was 45 min.

Congrats on the addition. The track can wait.
D-oh! I guess the track is out that weekend

Seriously though. I would give up my track addiction in a heartbeat if I had to make a choice between track and child. I can't tell y'all how excited my wife and I are and are so ready to be parents yesterday!

I'm just glad I have made such great friends here and at the track that show just how easy it is to be a Dad and a track ***** at the same time

I thought for sure I was going to have to give this up. (see some of my past threads right after I found out we were having a baby).
Old 08-31-2007 | 10:59 AM
sjanes
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by LVDell
D-oh! I guess the track is out that weekend

Seriously though. I would give up my track addiction in a heartbeat if I had to make a choice between track and child. I can't tell y'all how excited my wife and I are and are so ready to be parents yesterday!

I'm just glad I have made such great friends here and at the track that show just how easy it is to be a Dad and a track ***** at the same time

I thought for sure I was going to have to give this up. (see some of my past threads right after I found out we were having a baby).
I've found it easier if there is a track that is close to home (Calabogie is 1 hour from my house). That way, I can do a track day during the week and still be home for dinner so the track doesn't take away from family time. Weekend events are pretty much out for my for the next year or two.
Old 08-31-2007 | 12:07 PM
nota_troll
Rennlist Member

Congratulations!
Old 08-31-2007 | 12:58 PM
v12man
Instructor

Thanks again all - baby is very happy sleeping today - hope this carries on.

LVDell - you live too far from a track - Kyalami is 20 minutes away - zwartkops is 40 minutes at legal speeds and open every wednesday afternoon to the public (arrive and drive) . We also have 286 days a year of zero rain, and a thriving porsche scene going on.

Bring your baby out on holiday when it comes, and I will show you around.

Actually that invite goes for all rennlisters - already had 2 Pelican's out to visit in the last 2 years, and you are all welcome to visit.

G
Old 09-02-2007 | 11:21 AM
ritzblitz
Drifting

Awesome! Congrats man.

Quick Reply: Had to make an emergency U turn on the way to the track yesterday!!