Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wing shim Q for Dell and others

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 02:47 PM
GT3 Chuck
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

good chance the rear 315 Nitto's have a slightly different circumference and have affected the speedo...try to find one of those little radar boxes that gives you a speed readout or use the mile markers on the highway to time a 60mph run (should be one minute)...if it's less than a minute the speedo is reading low...if more than a minute it is reading high...if it's right on then the TM needs calibration...what did you think of the Nitto's?
Old 06-19-2007, 02:54 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Not sure that the TM needs calibration since it is based on GPS. I would suspect that it is the ID of the tire as it is a tad larger than the PS2's.

I like the Nitto's. They are a great transitional tire that I would slot between the PS2 and the R6. They are very reliable and very communicative. I have a fair amount of data on my lap times at VIR (and CMP) with the PS2 and with the Nitto. My next tire is the R6.

My only complaint about the Nitto is that they heat up VERY fast. I have picked up between 9-13 psi on the track from cold to hot. They are really good when it is not as hot outside. I have run some of my best lap times a the beginning of a session during the first session of the day.
Old 06-19-2007, 11:35 PM
enthusiast
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

Agree with the others on working the plugs out very carefully and using plenty of masking tape to protect the wing supports and surrounding area. A thin flat putty knife is also a useful tool.

Even if you do all this some of the plugs will tear or crack because the fit varies and the edges of the hole are not smooth. The plug flange is very weak and deforms or cracks easily.

Quick Reply: Wing shim Q for Dell and others