Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Price check on CW GT3 please

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 01:32 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

You would need to specify it I am sure. Make sure when you take the car to get PPI's that you have an explicit understanding what is going to be done.
Old 06-01-2007, 11:45 PM
enthusiast
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

... and the dealerships follow all of PCNA's rules, RIGHT!

A Porsche that is approved for the extended warranty may still have issues. For instance, Porsche can repaint and rework a brand new car prior to sale to a retail customer (there is some industry governed limit). Hence you could have paint thickness variation on a used car that was created by Porsche AG and the selling dealership would not know how it got that way.

It is up to the buyer to get pre purchase inspections and to stipulate what should be checked. It is not unusual for Porsche buyers to get several expert inspections done a car such as one for mechanical and another for body and paint.

Last edited by enthusiast; 06-02-2007 at 12:50 PM.
Old 06-02-2007, 12:56 PM
AllanJ
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by datax
The only reason I'm concern about PO's track time is because it has PCCB and I heard those can be expensive to replace if there's an extra wear and tear.
Yes, PCCB rotors are expensive to replace. However, you can bolt on a set of iron GT3 Cup rotors up front with no caliper changes. I've done that with my car. Right now I'm still running PCCB rotors in the rear since they're perfect.

Cheers,
Old 06-20-2007, 03:51 PM
calicoupe
Advanced

in regards to CPO........can you ask a dealer to get it done before purchase.

I am looking at 04 GT3 with 7K miles and it is not CPO. The dealer recently replaced the clutch and I am starting to wonder if the 7K miles was mostly track usage....how would i get evidence of this usage.....if dealer decides not to CPO it does that mean I should run away!.....

By having CPO and if it has track usage will would be better combo than track usage without CPO....

thanks
Old 06-20-2007, 04:33 PM
blake
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

The problem is that there is no way to "guage" track usage... What I mean is that some drivers are just more gentle on track cars than others. It really comes down to the maintenance of the previous owner coupled with driving style. This will be difficult to gauge, but it could lead you to a gem in a previously tracked GT3. I have already met two guys at my local track who have "dibs" on my car when I move up to an RS or Cup. Both have commented that they want my car because I take such good car of it, both on an off the track... I presume that most Rennlisters will fit this mold as well...

Good luck.

-B
Old 06-20-2007, 04:47 PM
Holger B
Race Car

Received 87 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by calicoupe
I am looking at 04 GT3 with 7K miles and it is not CPO.
I don't know what the point is in buying a car from a dealer that's not CPO.

My first question would be to ask the dealer why no CPO (and then get ready for dealerspeak BS). If you can learn the real reason, maybe it's a nonissue or maybe something in the car's history isn't kosher (maintenance, damage, over rev's, etc). If I couldn't get a straight answer to the CPO issue, I'd look elsewhere.
Old 06-20-2007, 05:30 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 256 Likes on 119 Posts

A few inputs:

1) A dealer can CPO a car that has been damaged. Define an accident. Perhaps a car has had a minor hit and it was repaired with new parts. That car will get a CPO.

2) I agree that track use is not an issue, tracked cars tend to be well maintained and are sought after by fellow trackies who know the car's history and maintenance.

3) The PCCB problem is no longer as bad. You are correct in worrying about them. I suggest you offer them 74K on codition that they replace the PCCB with regular rotors. The fronts are a direct replacement with the regular 996GT3 cast iron rotors and the rears are identical to the iron rotors off the 997 GT3 RS and cup which use 350 mm rotors. That saves you a thousand bucks and the dealer will make something off the rotors. Calipers do not need to be changed,
Old 06-20-2007, 09:18 PM
David A
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

If it's at Champion,I know the original owner.He got a 997 GT3 and his name is Guillermo.He babied it and tracked it once from new.
Old 06-21-2007, 12:16 AM
calicoupe
Advanced

No, its from a So Cal dealer. After speaking to the dealer in person, they are willing to get it CPO'd.

How do you get info on "over rev?" thanks again for all the feedback!

any other areas to be concerned with that I am missing?
Old 06-21-2007, 01:53 AM
datax
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by David A
If it's at Champion,I know the original owner.He got a 997 GT3 and his name is Guillermo.He babied it and tracked it once from new.
David,
The white car on the post 1 is sold to me. I heard the original owner traded in for GT3 RS tho. Had a pretty good buying experience with Champion. Awesome group of people down there in FL. I'd gave them a lot of headche by sending two different guys to check out the car as well as myself as final check and nothing bad was found. So, I pulled the trigger. They treated me quite well too.

Originally Posted by calicoupe
in regards to CPO........can you ask a dealer to get it done before purchase.

I am looking at 04 GT3 with 7K miles and it is not CPO. The dealer recently replaced the clutch and I am starting to wonder if the 7K miles was mostly track usage....how would i get evidence of this usage.....if dealer decides not to CPO it does that mean I should run away!.....

By having CPO and if it has track usage will would be better combo than track usage without CPO....

thanks
CPO cost about 1500-2000 and if the car still has factory warranty, it extends to 6 years 100k miles warranty. So, it's always a good thing whether you keep it or decide to sell it later down the line. You can get the read out from DME to check type 1 and 2 over revs.

Last edited by datax; 06-21-2007 at 02:10 AM.
Old 06-21-2007, 07:31 AM
David A
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

Awesome! Nothing better than a GT3.
Old 06-21-2007, 12:16 PM
dave morris
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

Congratulations datax! The GT3 is a great car. And this has been an interesting thread to follow. Hope you have tons of fun with it.
Old 06-21-2007, 01:18 PM
calicoupe
Advanced

thanks for all the replies and for the thread starter datax......

Dave - thanks for the input...my gut offer was going to be 72-73K.....

another common thread of the people here is former or current bmw owners..... forme is my 00 m coupe
Old 06-21-2007, 05:29 PM
viprklr
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

FWIW,
Here is a CW GT3 that was on ebay. The listing just ended earlier today. Looks like a nice car. Good luck in the search.
Old 06-21-2007, 05:31 PM
viprklr
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2004-...QQcmdZViewItem

Quick Reply: Price check on CW GT3 please