Sponsored by:

Price check on CW GT3 please

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 05:23 PM
datax
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LVDell
That's code for "make me another counter offer that I have to take back to my manage"

Let him know what you budget is (less than 75K) and see what he can. Get back to you by "x" time today or tomorrow. If he can't come down anymore than let him know there are others out there at the same price point with lower likes and say "thanks for your time, best of luck with the sale". You'll get a call back almost immediately.
Alright. Let me try exactly what you wrote above. I'm gonna offer $73k. A bit worry that he might sell the car to someone else tho. Because white GT3s are really hard to come by and he told me there are so many inquiries about the car which has been listed for only 3 days. But, I'll try your technique first.
Old 05-31-2007, 05:26 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

If you "really" want this one then 2K is nothing in the grand scheme of things and you might get countered with 74K. I say buy it for 75 and enjoy it!
Old 05-31-2007, 05:31 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 256 Likes on 119 Posts

75K is a very good price for a GT3 providing it has not been crashed. You should get that checked out as many of the seemingly cheap GT3s have visited obstacles.
Old 05-31-2007, 05:46 PM
Blacksport350
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What's the difference between 12k and 24K miles in the grand scheme of things? Other than gettting a few K off, there really is no difference.
Dell: Nothing in terms of reliability and wear to speak of but in a land of very low mile GT3s, this one isn't and the price needs to reflect it.

I just sold mine with Euro seats, Tequipment bar, harnesses, new brakes, adjustable toe links, exhaust, new tires, Cup bits, remaining warranty (but no CPO) and 10,500 miles for $79K.

For options, it had full leather, leather airbag, leather vents, leather visors, aluminum vents, aluminum gauges, aluminum gauge surround, stainless sills and a handfull of other nice touches.

This should give you some sort of bench mark.
Old 05-31-2007, 06:26 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Agreed. But when I bought mine, I didn't care about mileage. What I cared more about was service history, use (or abuse), color, and options (really just full leather, thicker wheel, and bi-zenons). I got everything I wanted and at a great price. Plus I got it from another Rennlister and the transaction went so smoothly. It also helped that there were others that cold stand behind what the seller said and confirm the condition. I guess it just comes down to a combination of what your priorites are.
Old 05-31-2007, 06:50 PM
Paul 996
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hi Ken,

Welcome to RL. Great meeting you at Summit a few weeks back. Great looking white GT3. I am jealous... that is the color I would have ! Listen to Dell he'll steer you in the right direction, anyway I think he has fun helping shop for GT3s..
Old 05-31-2007, 06:57 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Paul 996
Hi Ken,

Welcome to RL. Great meeting you at Summit a few weeks back. Great looking white GT3. I am jealous... that is the color I would have ! Listen to Dell he'll steer you in the right direction, anyway I think he has fun helping shop for GT3s..
Considering I couldn't find the "right" one for me and shopped for what seemed like an eternity! I was patient is an understatement.
Old 06-01-2007, 12:01 AM
datax
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Bob Rouleau
75K is a very good price for a GT3 providing it has not been crashed. You should get that checked out as many of the seemingly cheap GT3s have visited obstacles.
Dealer (Champion Porsche down in FL) said the car has not been CPO'ed. They will do it tomorrow and only after passing the CPO, the car will have 100k miles warranty. I asked whether it has been on the track and such but he couldn't tell me any. He said I will have to wait till CPO is done. The salesman also mentioned that if the car has ever been in an accident during its life, it will not pass the certification. So, I guess it should be safe to buy it after the CPO is done regardless of whether the car has been on the track or not, right? One guy from 6speed is going to check out the car for me and let me know what he thinks tomorrow.

If you "really" want this one then 2K is nothing in the grand scheme of things and you might get countered with 74K. I say buy it for 75 and enjoy it!
Yup, the saleman countered with 74k and said he cannot go any lower. I told him I'm pretty firm on 73 figure and will think about it while I wait till CPO is done. He will call me back tomorrow. He wanted to know whether I really am serious about everything and asked my CC info for refundable deposit of 1000. So, I gave him my info. Hope everythnig turns out alright.

Originally Posted by Paul 996
Hi Ken,

It was great to meet you at the track, Paul. We should meet up soon so that I could ask you some tips on how to drive rear engine cars fast. Harold was telling me how good you are as an instructor. I'm planning to go to Watkins Glen in Fall.
Old 06-01-2007, 12:12 AM
Greg Fishman
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

I was told by a dealer that had a GT3 I was interested in that a car could not be CPO'd if it had been on the track?
Old 06-01-2007, 12:56 AM
enthusiast
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

Lots of BS from dealers on the extended warranty. Porsche dealers have CPO body damaged cars before.
Old 06-01-2007, 12:57 AM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Received 248 Likes on 204 Posts

Accidents I can concur about price ie track or street but track miles that is taken care of I have no issue with that. Do u plan not to track the car too? Regards. Mike
Old 06-01-2007, 01:10 AM
datax
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by enthusiast
Lots of BS from dealers on the extended warranty. Porsche dealers have CPO body damaged cars before.
The salesman told me clearly that Porsche will not give certification to a car that has accident history.

Originally Posted by 996FLT6
Accidents I can concur about price ie track or street but track miles that is taken care of I have no issue with that. Do u plan not to track the car too? Regards. Mike
Yes, Mike. The car certainly will be seeing some track days. I wouldn't buy a GT3 otherwise. The only reason I'm concern about PO's track time is because it has PCCB and I heard those can be expensive to replace if there's an extra wear and tear. As long as the car comes with proper service history, I don't mind giving it a shot. No accident history, of course. I checked the carfax and autocheck and it's clean. But, as you all know, those reports can be slow to update/incorrect sometimes even though it's rare. Should I do a third party PPI? At this point, I guess I'll wait till they are done with the CPO.
Old 06-01-2007, 01:58 AM
///Mous3
Burning Brakes

Exclamation Porsche CPO, Paint, Accident

Originally Posted by datax
...I checked the carfax and autocheck and it's clean...
That only means there is no record on Carfax and AutoCheck.

If I am not mistaken; the Porsche's CPO process includes a check of paint thickness on body panels using an Elcometer.

Check this thread out, if you haven't already;
http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=81362

On BMW's there is a adhesive label of the VIN# on all replaceable panels, i.e., hood, bootlid, doors and denfers.

2nd Edit: Here is another White '04 GT3 (found through Rennlist Classifieds) with disclosed track usage;
http://www.justracing.com/classified/598

Last edited by ///Mous3; 06-01-2007 at 02:24 AM.
Old 06-01-2007, 02:55 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,763 Likes on 2,361 Posts

Originally Posted by Greg Fishman
I was told by a dealer that had a GT3 I was interested in that a car could not be CPO'd if it had been on the track?
you got BS'd greg.
it's b/n you and the dealer. they can certify WHATEVER... NO one from pcna is looking.
Old 06-01-2007, 01:14 PM
datax
Burning Brakes

Do you guys know whether private party PPI checks for repaints?

Quick Reply: Price check on CW GT3 please