Revalve and springs on STD Bilsteins

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 09:42 PM
stules
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Revalve and springs on STD Bilsteins

Greetings one and sundry
I think I have just about worn out the 'search' function. Still no joy on a few questions.
1 STD Bilsteins can be rebuilt/revalved to customer specs (done it before with Koni to great effect). Someone posted a spreadsheet with the bump/rebound figures for the various models of performance porsches (a link or repost would be appreciated) and the concensus is that the GT3 is over damped and undersprung.
In selecting damper settings for the revalve, I would rather have a good base figure in mind (like 180/180) for the tech to start with. Any suggestions?

2 Is 'digressive' or 'double digressive' a better alternative to 'linear'? I know Ohlins is said to have 'double digressive' valving.

3 The above revalve/rebuild is wasted if I can't fit stiffer springs on the STD perches. Are stiffer STD size 'linear' springs available, ge 550/700 or 600/800?
Anyone know the STD spring length and DIA?

4 If stiffer std springs are used, I suppose that the 'static sag' will be different, and the ride height will increase unless the springs are shorter.....

Just looking for a cost effective solution, if its possible, before going down the coilover route.

Any thoughts appreciated.
Regards Stuart
Japan

Last edited by stules; 04-26-2007 at 10:03 PM.

Quick Reply: Revalve and springs on STD Bilsteins