Sponsored by:

Europipe exhaust impressions

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 12:31 AM
Jon70
Rennlist Member

Received 84 Likes on 28 Posts
Default Europipe exhaust impressions

A few months back I had a Europipe installed to replace my Eisenmann race exhaust. The Eisenmann was too loud for me on the street. The Europipe looks and sounds like the exhaust Porsche should have made for the GT3. There is no resonance/drone. The sound as you approach redline is incredible. I had a friend of mine drive the car so I could hear it from the outside to really appreciate it. The car is rather quiet when driving sedately. From Europipe's website, the exhaust varies in dB ratings about 1-3 over stock at varying gears/RPMs. I can't think of any downsides except for the price. Anyone else considering buying one, should be aware of 2 louder versions available. I think the power for all 3 versions is the same though. I was unaware of the louder versions at the time of my order, but might have considered them had I known.
Old 04-11-2007, 12:46 AM
Steve B in SD
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the same impressions with mine. My friend has a Lambo Gallardo, and it seems very loud compared to my car. I put the Europipe on mine, and he said it's actually quite loud outside when I'm in the throttle. From inside the car, it doesn't seem all that loud at all---almost to the point where I wish it was a bit louder.

Thing is, I had Fabspeed mufflers on my previous 996, which were louder inside, almost to the point of being downright annoying at times. My friend says when I drive by his house, the GT3 with the Europipe is just as loud as the Fabspeeds, but has a much more refined sound to it.

I guess with the rear engined Porsches, it's a hard line to walk between good sound and being intolerable inside the car. The Europipe seems to be the best possible combination of everything. My neighbor just got a new 997 GT3, and the 996 with the Europipe sounds better.... really bugs him...

Just my $.02
Old 04-11-2007, 12:53 AM
blake
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Interesting... so what are the price points for the three different Europipe options?

Thanks,
-Blake
Old 04-11-2007, 12:54 AM
Jon70
Rennlist Member

Steve,
My S2000 actually sounds louder inside than my GT3 w/the Europipe. I was actually rather surprised how loud the GT3 was when hearing it being driven while standing alongside it. Much louder than I thought it was being in it.
Old 04-11-2007, 01:04 AM
Jon70
Rennlist Member

I assume the price is the same for all three. I figure it entails variations on the muffler design.
Old 04-11-2007, 07:09 AM
GT3 Rob
Advanced

Have the europipe stage 2 loud on my gt2 at mo, but have just ordered some fabspeed bypass pipes.

The europipe is a great sound, that gets better with revs.. also you can hear the turbos spool. But I feel after a month it is too quiet for such a beast of a car.

If I were using the car everyday, I think that the europipe would be spot on, as there is absolutely zero resonance in the car. But I only drive my car to the track and play at weekends, therefore I want an epic soundtrack.. will see how long I can live with the bypass pipes.

Rob
Old 04-11-2007, 12:16 PM
Steve B in SD
Instructor

Are the Loud/Quiet versions only applicable to the Turbo? I didn't think there were any choices for the GT3 exhaust?
The quality is far above any other exhaust system I have installed, and the performance seems good too.

Last edited by Steve B in SD; 12-06-2010 at 02:38 PM.
Old 04-11-2007, 12:30 PM
Jon70
Rennlist Member

Steve,
Someone on rennlist (I think RR) posted he had an xloud for his GT3. I never emailed or spoke to Europipe directly, so I can't confirm the 3 versions as they don't state anything on their website. It is just from word of mouth and other posts I have read somewhere that have stated the existence of the other versions.

What tips are those on your car? Do you have a direct rear shot?
Old 04-11-2007, 12:47 PM
Steve B in SD
Instructor

They're custom tips....... the Europipe tips just looked like stock tips

Last edited by Steve B in SD; 12-06-2010 at 02:38 PM.
Old 04-11-2007, 01:01 PM
Jon70
Rennlist Member

Where can I get a set from and how much?
Old 04-11-2007, 01:04 PM
Steve B in SD
Instructor

Unfortunately, I have no idea. I bought the exhaust system from my neighbor, he took it off his car since he decided to sell the car. (He bought a 997GT3, and still has the 996GT3 if you know of anyone looking for a 2500mile 996 GT3)

I like the tips, they're a subtle difference from stock, but definitely don't look stock!
Old 04-11-2007, 01:07 PM
Jon70
Rennlist Member

Thanks for letting me know, I'll keep it stock looking until I find something I like better.
Old 04-11-2007, 03:41 PM
DanH
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GT3 Rob
Have the europipe stage 2 loud on my gt2 at mo, but have just ordered some fabspeed bypass pipes.

The europipe is a great sound, that gets better with revs.. also you can hear the turbos spool. But I feel after a month it is too quiet for such a beast of a car.

If I were using the car everyday, I think that the europipe would be spot on, as there is absolutely zero resonance in the car. But I only drive my car to the track and play at weekends, therefore I want an epic soundtrack.. will see how long I can live with the bypass pipes.

Rob
What track will let you one with loud pipes like that though?

I want a pipe with an adjuster on that you can quieten down for quiet tracks. I know the Kreisseig has a switch but I'm not willing to be the guinea pig. Parr also have a GT3 pipe with a bolt type adjuster for volume, but even full quiet is too loud.
Old 04-11-2007, 04:02 PM
GT3 Rob
Advanced

Originally Posted by DanH
What track will let you one with loud pipes like that though?

I want a pipe with an adjuster on that you can quieten down for quiet tracks. I know the Kreisseig has a switch but I'm not willing to be the guinea pig. Parr also have a GT3 pipe with a bolt type adjuster for volume, but even full quiet is too loud.
Dan, I only do the track days with no noise limit.

Silverstone GP is normally ok with goldtrack, Snetterton is sometimes ok (they change noise regs) Have got on in past at Brands with bypass pipes on the GT3.

What will **** me off, is if I can't get on at the Ring.. but have heard they don't noise test GT2s.

Have got Silverstone next wed, and Ring on 4th-7th May.

Car should be sweet by then, it's had some mods over last month..

Performance friction discs front, Alcons rear + RS 29s
Sachs uprated clutch
Uprated diff
Aggressive map + bypass pipes to be fitted + diverter valves
Suspension setup, GT3R rear control arms and solid bushes.
Toyo R888s

Next step will be hybrid K24s.
The bypass pipes should take 25kgs out of the rear end.

Cheers
Rob
Old 04-11-2007, 04:41 PM
DanH
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds good. You going for some different dampers too?

You are right about the weight saving in the exhaust - another reason I'd love to change mine. Just wish I could vary the volume as I don't want to limit the days I can attend.

Quick Reply: Europipe exhaust impressions