Sponsored by:

Automotion.com?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2007, 01:21 PM
GT3.my
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Automotion.com?

Hi, bit of a lurker on the board, but my frustrations with the above vendor have led me to this posting.

I placed an order on the 23 of February for the following items:

Bushings

(both the A-arm and drag link arm mounts)

and;

Rear Strut Mounts

and, finally;

Strut Brace

According to their salesperson, the drag link arm mounts are on back order and they have not been able to confirm when they will get them in. As it has been already been over a month, I am getting highly impatient.

Does anyone have any experience with the above-mentioned vendor? Do they usually display appalling customer service? Because my salesperson never replies to my emails, and even when I call, he promises to get back to me and never does. Furthermore, despite trying to contact them via their contact from on their website, I've never received a reply.

If anyone here reccommend another place/vendor where I can purchase the above items or similar, I would be most grateful.

Lastly, according to the sales person, I only require one set each of the A-Arm bushings and drag link arm mounts for both front and rear axles of the GT3, can someone please confirm or deny this?

Thank you!
Old 04-10-2007, 10:30 PM
mnorek
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Try www.pelicanparts.com, they have some of those items. Regaring ERP parts, I know that those are hard to come by this time of year. I'm waiting for ERP toe links and have been for a month.

I can't answer your other questions, hopefully someone else will chime in, but I can commiserate.
I ordered tripod lug tie-downs from Automotion's website on March 20 and paid for 2-day shipping to get them in time for an event. Well, about a week later, when they never showed I discovered from the website that they were backordered--with no word or email from Automotion to let me know. They're still not delivered but supposedly on the way.

I received no responses to 2 web submissions, either.

Good luck!
Old 04-11-2007, 05:45 AM
GT3.my
Intermediate

mnorek, thanks for the reply. Its made me feel better! I guess I have no choice but to wait, then. Thanks!
Old 04-12-2007, 12:59 AM
GT3.my
Intermediate

Bump:

"Lastly, according to the sales person, I only require one set each of the A-Arm bushings and drag link arm mounts for both front and rear axles of the GT3, can someone please confirm or deny this?"

Anyone?
Old 04-12-2007, 01:39 AM
JasonAndreas
Technical Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3.my
Does anyone have any experience with the above-mentioned vendor?
Automotion & Performance Products were sold to an investment bank in 2002 and then again in 2006 to the private equity division of Bear, Stearns & Co. The best I can tell, the original people are no longer involved and their prices are MSRP and higher (off-the-wall).

Originally Posted by GT3.my
If anyone here reccommend another place/vendor where I can purchase the above items or similar, I would be most grateful.
Give rennlist regular and sponsor Viperbob a call or PM . In addition to selling what you're looking for he is also one of the few vendors with actual experience installing them so he will know what works and what doesn't. This can come in real handy when you are stuck in the middle of an installation at 11pm on a Friday night.
Old 04-13-2007, 03:23 AM
GT3.my
Intermediate

Thanks for the info, I've sent Viperbob an email.
Old 04-15-2007, 12:18 AM
nick49
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

I've had a retail business since the 70's and your experience mirrors my daily experience with most of my vendors/suppliers. I have a several personal contacts that are reps for companies that I buy from, and most of these offer great service but it is the exception rather than the rule.

Seems like now more than ever, customer service is lacking in most every industry, and on every level from manufacturer, wholesaler, and retail. Companies are cutting back personell to the bare minimum and below to try to save a dollar. Short sightedness as far as I'm concerned as they are missing the big picture. The higher ups just don't understand that it's much easier and cheaper to keep an existing customer than get a new one.

Good luck!
Old 05-06-2007, 07:54 PM
Rickard 993 Turbo
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have emailed Viperbob about buying ERp parts,hope for answear soon
Old 05-07-2007, 11:46 PM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Received 248 Likes on 204 Posts

May I ask why u need a strut bar for the GT3 or matter of fact ne 996? Regards. Mike
Old 05-08-2007, 08:18 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by 996FLT6
May I ask why u need a strut bar for the GT3 or matter of fact ne 996? Regards. Mike
Looking for visual bling bling I am sure. Or....doesn't realize that the car already has one, and a great one at that (just not visible).
Old 05-08-2007, 10:45 AM
tdf360
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know the original owners, and they sold the business a number of years ago.

Gary
Old 05-09-2007, 11:33 PM
GT3.my
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 996FLT6
Swordfighting.
Old 05-10-2007, 03:22 AM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Received 248 Likes on 204 Posts

And.. that's your final answer? Nuff said. Mike
Old 05-10-2007, 11:07 PM
GT3.my
Intermediate

Good news is, the items FINALLY shipped, and are currently UPS-ing their merry way towards Singapore. The bad news is that I actually had to get in contact with someone from the Accounting (!!!) department to sort out this mess! The sales reps I had been speaking to on the phone had been reassuring me day after day that the items would be going out 'today', except 'today' was 2 weeks ago, a week ago, etc. So, credit where credit's due; thanks a bunch to Nancy Claurmani of the Performance Products Accounting Department for sorting out this entire farce.

BTW, Viberbob never replied, does he not do overseas sales?

I really can't wait to go swordfighting with my new goodies!
Old 05-11-2007, 11:51 AM
Rickard 993 Turbo
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No reply from Viperbob to me either

Quick Reply: Automotion.com?