childseat airbag buckle HELP

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2007, 05:07 AM
Poon
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default childseat airbag buckle HELP

Hello All,

I purchased a Porsche childseat restraint bar/buckle from a fellow RS owner here in the UK. It didn't come with instructions but looking at it it seemed obvious that it fitted underneath the two front mounting bolts for the seat. So I did that, then located a plug under the seat and plugged it in.

All ok so far?

I turn on the ignition and the airbag light is illuminated constantly, I plug in a spare loose plug/buckle and the light stays illuminated.

The manual says that the light should flash for 60 seconds then go out!

BTW, the bar came with a loose plug so that I use non OEM child seats.

So not sure if all is ok or not??

Thought I would ask you learned chaps before asking the numpties at my local Porsche dealer.
Old 04-07-2007, 01:15 PM
EricGT3
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I believe you have to reset the computer and it will clear the airbag light and also properly set up airbag deactivation when you have a child in the front seat. The OEM child seat has a seat belt buckle on the front to plug into the receptacle on the bar. I would definitely have the dealer look at this as you wouldn't want it to malfunction if something unfortunate were to happen.
Old 04-07-2007, 02:45 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 41 Likes on 6 Posts

Poon Long time no hear!! I hope you are well
I am afraid Eric is right and you need to go to the dealer to reset this.
Eric how are you and youre GT3?? do you miss your TT?
Old 04-07-2007, 04:23 PM
EricGT3
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

OG - I'm great thanks. Love the GT3, but miss the TT. They're different animals as you know. Wouldn't it be great to have both? If I had more $$$, I'd buy a 997 TT for the street and keep the GT3 as well.

Man, you've got a nice stable of cars now. What's this "GT3 RSR Le Mans entrant"? I'm probably going to get an 07 X5 4.8 shortly. How's your 4.8?
Old 04-07-2007, 04:58 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 41 Likes on 6 Posts

Eric a 997TT would be great. The GT3 Lemans entrant was in 04 a bunch of renlisters mostly HWFM racers that all sent $50 and up to TRG to help with their LeMans entry. they needed some money for the race and we all helped. We got a poster a patch and they put the Hey wait for me racing sticker on the spoiler. it was cool.
I love the BMW its so nice to drive and fast! its so nice looking too. I was going to buy a Cayenne but had a hard time with the looks. One caviat is though if you go on trips you need the Yakima rack because packing space is limited. I took it to Mammoth yesterday and am here today. One test I use is coming up the sherwin grade from Bishop to Mammoth. It goes from 5000 feet to 7500 in a couple mountains. Normal V-8s really struggle up in the altitude. My 5.4 liter F150 would down shift and down shift going up the hill.

My turbo diesel didnt struggle at all. BUt the 4.8is in 6th gear didnt like the climb but a quick shift over from drive to Manumatic and down shift to fifth
and zoom up the hill we go! and the motor wasnt any where near the redline
as both the 5.4 and the 6.6L were going up the hill -the 4.8 loafed easily up the grade. had I down shifted again and hit the gas we would have flown up the hill.

I had to limit
everyones stuff which I never did in the pickup. But man its sooo nice and fun to drive!! and that gadgets!! Ilove all the gadgets the blue tooth is my favorites. The sirius radio is great the stereo is great (especially compared to the GT3!! the heated seats the handling and the tires are sick! 315s on the rear are you kidding me!! Its the perfect compliment to a 911!
Oh and the 335i is really fast!! but thats wifeys car.

Quick Reply: childseat airbag buckle HELP