Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

04 gt3 at Pacific Porsche

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2007, 10:40 PM
enthusiast
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

Regardless of the price debate I think if it is for sale by a Porsche dealership the factory extended warranty is a must.
Old 01-31-2007, 01:45 AM
GT3 Chuck
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ask them to print out type 1 and type 2 overrevs if any...suspicious that they aren't offering cpo...usually a money maker for the dealer...good luck
Old 01-31-2007, 03:08 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,638 Likes on 2,319 Posts

Originally Posted by mfennell
The brake rotors are a reasonable telltale. Cracks radiating from the holes is a strong indicator of track use.

most dealer will replace rotors.
here are tell tail signs.
under the sideskirt, get on your chest, lie flat on ground and look up. if sand blasted, it's tracked.
the lip of wheelarches. if sand blasted, it's tracked.
the "porsche" text on the brk caliper, they are white, if yellowed, it's track.
Old 01-31-2007, 11:17 AM
mfennell
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wilfred
I also think it's odd Pacific has not CPO it in the first place, not saying there is anything wrong with it but I would double check it's history...
Maybe I missed it but did calicoupe actually talk to the dealer yet? The car doesn't indicate CPO on Porsche's site but that doesn't really mean anything. I called on a car that showed CPO on the site only to find out that it had accident damage and could not be CPO'd. It's easy to believe it could go the other way.

My (limited to 1) experience was that my dealer listed the car as CPO but did not perform the inspection until they had a sales order.
Old 01-31-2007, 12:15 PM
///Mous3
Burning Brakes

Smile Please....

Originally Posted by Olav A.
...Besides, I'll never ever be able to match the cars potential in terms of driving skills...
You are 15-20 minutes away from Laguna Seca! You'll have fun *and* improve your skill in about 100 hours of track time.

Old 01-31-2007, 12:19 PM
///Mous3
Burning Brakes

Thumbs up Great to know.

Originally Posted by mooty
here are tell tail signs.
under the sideskirt, get on your chest, lie flat on ground and look up. if sand blasted, it's tracked.
the "porsche" text on the brk caliper, they are white, if yellowed, it's track.
Damn! Experts are here on these forums... a wealth of knowledge.

I often am more afraid of those people who abuse their cars on the street than those who track. Case in point; my neighbor will start his car and leaves the drive way with engine screaming; that hurts!
Old 02-01-2007, 01:14 AM
PointBy
Instructor

Has anyone looked at the Guards Red GT3 with the Euro seats and factory roll bar that is at Truspeed Motorcars in Costa Mesa? Asking $79,000 and has under 4,000 miles.
Old 02-01-2007, 02:58 AM
khaug
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In 10/06, a friend purchased the most perfect '04 GT3 on the planet (3500 miiles, clearly never on a track, not a single stone chip) w/CPO for $80K from a Porsche dealer in Chicago.

Use this as your benchmark, altho I realize Left Coast prices may be higher.
Old 02-01-2007, 07:27 AM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,600 Likes on 2,341 Posts

My '04 GT3 midnight Blue metallic/natural brown leather with 10.5k miles will be on the market soon, looking for around 80k including GT3 bucket seats, techquipment roll bar, thicker wheel, carbon fibre brake handle and shifter and RS wing, or for around $78k minus those extras.

It has factory RS nose and euro rear bumper too (no bumperettes)
Old 02-01-2007, 11:48 AM
JasonAndreas
Technical Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 90 Posts

Not only that but all rotors with holes regardless of track usage will begin to crack with regular mileage.

If the car is located anywhere that sees temperatures below freezing chances are that the local DPW will sand the roads and (most likely) not bother to sweep this stuff up in the spring. So just about any car driven in New England or the northern and eastern part of the country will show some sand blasting.
Old 02-01-2007, 12:36 PM
Dave I
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
My '04 GT3 midnight Blue metallic/natural brown leather with 10.5k miles will be on the market soon, looking for around 80k including GT3 bucket seats, techquipment roll bar, thicker wheel, carbon fibre brake handle and shifter and RS wing, or for around $78k minus those extras.

It has factory RS nose and euro rear bumper too (no bumperettes)
Did you get the cpz steering wheel aftermarket? If so, where were you able to find one in natural brown?
Old 02-01-2007, 02:18 PM
Steve B in SD
Instructor

Pete

Pioneer called me about that car (black, right?) to see if I wanted it. It was a stripper-- no options, and they wanted 90K for it. Told them no thanks too, already found one with 5000 miles with lots of options for less money. How'd you find out it had been tracked? Interesting they would still CPO it with that many miles and track time-- guess that says something.
Old 02-01-2007, 08:24 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,600 Likes on 2,341 Posts

yes the CPZ wheel was aftermarket and is black ... I think it's the only readily available color
Old 02-01-2007, 09:26 PM
enthusiast
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by JasonAndreas
Not only that but all rotors with holes regardless of track usage will begin to crack with regular mileage.

If the car is located anywhere that sees temperatures below freezing chances are that the local DPW will sand the roads and (most likely) not bother to sweep this stuff up in the spring. So just about any car driven in New England or the northern and eastern part of the country will show some sand blasting.

Agree... but mooty was pointing out some key wear areas, when taken as a group, may indicate the GT3 was driven on the track a few times.
Old 02-02-2007, 12:15 AM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,315 Likes on 1,958 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve B in SD
Pete

Pioneer called me about that car (black, right?) to see if I wanted it. It was a stripper-- no options, and they wanted 90K for it. Told them no thanks too, already found one with 5000 miles with lots of options for less money. How'd you find out it had been tracked? Interesting they would still CPO it with that many miles and track time-- guess that says something.
Yes, it was black, you've got the right car. I found out who's car it was by asking a couple of questions and putting 2+2 together. It was ironic, because that same car was on track with me at Buttonwillow a couple years ago and I knew who owned it because it was the only GT3 at the track that weekend.

Quick Reply: 04 gt3 at Pacific Porsche