Sponsored by:

Mk2 GT3 Suspension setup/tyre wear

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 02:47 PM
Rob Mc
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Mk2 GT3 Suspension setup/tyre wear

New to forum. I have been using my GT3 for trackdays with MPSC on standard setup. What would be the trade off by going down the increased negative camber route on tyre wear while using PS2s as opposed to MPSC in performance terms ie. time. or should i go down the MSPC with suspension changes which i think might be a tad expensive.
Old 01-12-2007, 05:31 AM
maximu5
Advanced

Location: Brussels, Belgium, 1 hour West of Spa, 2 hours West of the Ring ;-)
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the cost of having your suspension set-up properly (i..e with negative camber) is minimal compared to the savings in tyre wear. I dread to think how fast MPSCs must wear on the outside with a standard set up. PS2 are not a track tyre : they don't like the temperatures you reach on a track, but are a great road tyre. Depends what is your priority : road or track ?
Old 01-12-2007, 10:11 AM
Rob Mc
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Tyre wear has been even on rear but are only lasting 2.5k miles between track and road use 50/50. Hence my concern of wear with additional -ve camber with MPSCs. I suppose i cannot have the best of both worlds but the Cups are amazing. Thanks for feedback.
Old 01-12-2007, 12:18 PM
maximu5
Advanced

Location: Brussels, Belgium, 1 hour West of Spa, 2 hours West of the Ring ;-)
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if the wear is even, I would think twice before increasing camber. When I had limited negative camber it only took an hour or so (at an abrasive track like Zandvoort in Holland) for my MPSCs to start wearing big time on the outside, both front and rear. I now have 3.3 degrees at the front and 2.5 at the rera and still my MSPCs are wearing more on the outside...

BTW the Toyo R888 wears much more evenly, allowing you to run with less camber. It is only marginally slower I think

Good luck

Quick Reply: Mk2 GT3 Suspension setup/tyre wear