Old 12-30-2006, 11:27 AM
RK1
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New GT recruits

This from Ferrari of washington Web Site:
==================================================
New GT Recruits

The Ferrari GT ranks will be a little bigger this year with the news that Peterson Motorsports/White Lighting Racing will campaign an F430 GT in the 2007 American Le Mans Series. This is a big change for the team, which has a string of GT2 victories with Porsche on its resume. This includes to GT2 class victories at the 24 Hours of Le Mans. Overall, the team has 17 wins to its credit.

The Peterson/White project is a partnership deal with Ferrari Corse Clienti and not a factory-supported effort. This means the team will be free to pursue its third consecutive IMSA Cup championship for privateer teams.

Officially, the team gets its F430 GT in mid-February, with a “shake down” session planned for Fiorano. Next will be a series of tests at Sebring in perpetration for the 12 Hours of Sebring.

Risi Competizione plans to defend its ALMS GT2 title next year.
==================================================

Wow, talk about switching,,
I know the 996 GT3 RSR has a tough time keeping up with the F430 GT but I was under the impression that these guys are on the top of the list for the new 997 GT3 RSR.

Kevin
Old 12-30-2006, 01:43 PM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I don't blame Peterson MotorSports at all. The Porsche support to the private Racing efforts in U.S. is not that attractive.

I was kind of pissed when Jon Groom Racing although fighting against full factory efforts from Ford, GM and Chrysler on the Speed World Challenge GT, had to deal with all the expenses, with lame discounts on Racing parts.

Definitely, next season looks interesting on the ALMS GT2 class. The 997 GT3 RSR comes underpowered compared to the F430GT, and the Ferrari comes with better weight distribution. However, Porsches have shown to be more reliable on endurance racing.

Quick Reply: New GT recruits