- Special Color Seal Grey
- Xenons
- Full Leather - Black
- Porsche crest on storage bin
- Thicker steering wheel
- Stock suspension with 2,000 miles
- Yellow Seat Belts

Porsche OEM Upgrades:
- Yellow Calipers with bigger rear rotors (350mm instead of 330mm stock), brand new metal rotors.
- Porsche Recaro Lighweight Race Seats in Leather (almost 50 lbs weight reduction).
- Porsche MotorSports Ring and Pinion Gear 8:32 (GT3 RSR) and steel LSD (GT3 Cup). Replaced long stock final gear and brass stock LSD.
- Porsche 996 GT3 RS Lightweight Flywheel with stiffer 3.8 RSR pressure plate.
- Rear Spoiler shims (4 and 8 degrees).
- Front GT3 Cup spoiler lip.
- Carrera Sport Wheels 19" with centers in GT Silver and polished lip. Front ones 10", Rear ones 11.5".
- Tequipment Center Console Delete.

Aftermarket Upgrades:
- Clear bra.
- Michelin Pilot Sport 2 265/30R19 and 315/25R19 with 70% tread left.
- Motul RBF brake fluid.
- Braille 11 lbs Battery with Billet Mount (24 lbs weigth reduction)
- Brey-Krause Fire Extinguisher mount with Amerex Chrome Bottle (Halon)
- BMC Air Filter
- FabSpeed Muffler Bypass pipes (45 lbs weight reduction)

Additional Information:
- Setup done by Fordahl MotorSports and Jon Groom Racing (2006 Speed World Challenge GT Champion).
- 2006 SCCA Solo Nationals Champion in FPL and runner-up in FP.
- 2005/2006 SCCA Solo NE National Tour Champion in SM2
- No accidents.

Specifications (Configuration 2):

- Everything on the Configuration 1 plus:
- Moton ClubSport Double Adjustable shocks with remote compression canisters.
- Porsche Motorsports control arms monoball bearing, front and rear.
- GT3 RS rear two piece control arms
- Solid Metal bushing for trailing arms, front and rear
- Rear upper monoball adjustable control arms
- Porsche Motorsports 997 GT3 Cup/RSR Toe links with fine adjustment and spacer rings for bump steer adjustment.
- CCW C14 T6061 Forged Race Wheels 18"x10" and 18"x12" on custom offset to run 285/335 DOT-R tires, or 10"/12" Slicks
- Manthey Racing camber plates with incresed caster for better straight line stability.
- Rear Upper Monoball Strut Mount.
- Porsche MotorSports adjustable Front drop links
- AP Racing Rear drop links

Last edited by NJ-GT; 02-22-2007 at 12:37 PM.
Old 12-06-2006, 11:11 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,763 Likes on 2,361 Posts

rad,

no more than 90k from an understanding buyers.
obviously your car is set up well, however, MY "GUESS" would be you and i are in same boat (though my isn't as rig'd as yours). "normal" buyers will be scared to see 30k miles on the car. before i get jumped on, i said "normal" ppl. when my cars were sold with 20k on the clock, every buyer stared at me like i was the devil for actually driving the car.

two, your buyer would most likely be track fiens, these "abnormal" ppl know the value of your car, but often unwilling to pay for it b/c they know your mkt is limited. enve a generous "abnormal" person would knock off your mods by 50%.

based on above logic, or lack there of, i say you be very very lucky to get 90k, most likely 85k or so.

inquiring mind likes to know what is getting you to even ask this Q?
Old 12-06-2006, 11:21 AM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I was actually thinking $67k without the suspension.

If the buyer wants PCCB, extra wheels, the $15k suspension, 3-4 sets of race tires, spares, then I could set an extra price for those. However, I want to keep the suspension , PCCB, race tires and spares, leaving just the extra set of Race wheels open for sale.

Answer: looking for a wider car with forced induction.
Old 12-06-2006, 11:44 AM
'ringmeister
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How clean is the car, overall condition, paint, interior, etc? i may be interested and i am located in nj.
Old 12-06-2006, 11:55 AM
LuisGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

If you want to sell the spoiler scoops, I am interested.
Old 12-06-2006, 02:34 PM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by NJ-GT
I was actually thinking $67k without the suspension.

If the buyer wants PCCB, extra wheels, the $15k suspension, 3-4 sets of race tires, spares, then I could set an extra price for those. However, I want to keep the suspension , PCCB, race tires and spares, leaving just the extra set of Race wheels open for sale.

Answer: looking for a wider car with forced induction.
ok, here we have a seller who understands the REAL market. i think your car for 67k is a bargain. if i haven't had so many 996gt3's already, i be calling you now.

wide *** that can blow.... at least it's a car, else i question your taste in women

996 or 997gt2?
Old 12-06-2006, 03:24 PM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 'ringmeister
How clean is the car, overall condition, paint, interior, etc? i may be interested and i am located in nj.
I will take pictures this weekend. The car won the NJ-PCA 2006 Porscherama event, including Concours, Time Trials (56.7 sec at the Pocono North Course, beating all the Cup cars, and just 2.5 secs from the GT1R PCA record, ran 60.9 sec stock) and AutoX (FTD both days on DOT-R tires)

Cosmetics:
The paint is in good conditions. The front bumper, front fenders and hood have clear bra. The front fenders have rock chips where they meet the rocker panels (typical 996). It needs a new rear bumper, because the lower sides melted and look rough. I've not replaced the bumper, because it doesn't look bad.

Engine/Transmission:
New clutch last year at 22,000 miles. No over-revs. Stronger differential and stronger LSD than stock. The defective stock transmission was replaced with a brand new one at 2,000 miles. I sent the transmission at 14,000 miles for upgrades. This car dyno'ed at 366 rwhp on a DynoJet.

Brakes:
Upgraded to PCCB calipers (yellow) and PCCB rotors. I will leave a brand new set of steel rotors on the car, and the Pagid stock pads with 80% left. No PCCB will be offered with the car. I really want to keep them.

Suspension:
It will have a stock suspension with less than 3,000 miles on it (2,xxx miles)

Tires:
Brand new installed this March. Michelin Pilot Sport 2. One rear tire has two patches (not plugs). Good tires in the rain, cold weather, and streets.

I will have extra tires and wheels available for sale.

Maintenance:
I've all the maintenance records. Serviced at Princeton Porsche & Jon Groom Racing. Well known car.

Ideal Buyer:
I would like to see this car getting a full cage and going on SCCA/PCA Club Racing, used at DE, or used at AutoX.
Old 12-06-2006, 03:35 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

$67k, WHERE'S MY WALLET WHEN I NEED IT?!

I agree with mooty, for someone who understands and sees "beyond" the miles & track use, this will be a great car and I honestly don't think you'll have problems selling.
Trying to sell this to just average Joe, you'd have real hard time but someone here in Rennlist, should go well.

Good luck!

P.S. Does this mean in couple of years I get to buy the 996 GT3 RS close we talked about couple weeks ago?
Old 12-06-2006, 03:51 PM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Flying Finn
P.S. Does this mean in couple of years I get to buy the 996 GT3 RS close we talked about couple weeks ago?
It gets better. He is building another one with Blue stripes. I will see if I can convince him that he needs just one RS clone not two RS clones. He has another black GT3 (#3), and a GT3 Cup (#4). Definitely somebody that understands what a well setup 996 GT3 is capable of.
Old 12-06-2006, 04:21 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

It gets better. He is building another one with Blue stripes. I will see if I can convince him that he needs just one RS clone not two RS clones. He has another black GT3 (#3), and a GT3 Cup (#4). Definitely somebody that understands what a well setup 996 GT3 is capable of.
Old 12-06-2006, 05:01 PM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

i think he's on the west coast, well west, not really near a coast...
yeah, he's nuts. if we are thinking of the the same person
Old 12-06-2006, 05:39 PM
yetis
Three Wheelin'

Sweet lord, your making it tough! I even have the suspension to swap in, sitting in a box.... New apt in NYC and on going gut renovations, are taking their toll... 6 months from now, this would be a done deal, sadly it will not last.

Even serviced at Porsche of Princeton, your kiling me!!! Say hi to Ed Slouthus!
Old 12-06-2006, 06:23 PM
10 GT3
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

First 350 mm is the stock size rotors. 330mm is what the earlier Euro GT3s had. Even though it has yellow calibers, it has steel disks so it does not has PCCBs. The mileage is fairly high for an 04' GT3, most of the ones on the market have less than half that. To give you an idea, I am seeing multiple 04' GT3's with less than half the mileage with PCCBs for under $80K. They obviously ran a different suspension and swapped the stock suspension back on it to sell it. I suspect the same happened with the brake rotors. The only things to consider as extra are the upgraded wheels, diff and seats. Given the racing history to the car, it is private party selling, the upgrades and the mileage; I say it should be $75K. If they are looking for anything over $80K, it would be well over market.
Old 12-06-2006, 07:20 PM
mfennell
Advanced

I don't know why I can't PM you, but do you know David Ngo, a BMW autocrosser in NJ? I think we were just talking about your car.

Please email me my registered email. (I can't even post my email!)
Old 12-06-2006, 07:52 PM
RSA333
Racer

I have a 2005 GT3 (Guards Red) that has never been tracked or been in an accident. Recently got it a PIP from a reputable local shop. All Leather, beautiful car.

8K miles.

Would sell for about $75K at most - that is what the market will support.

-Gerry

Quick Reply: Need advice on 996 GT3 pricing - part II