Need advice on 996 GT3 pricing - part II

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2006, 10:20 PM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 02 Carrera
First 350 mm is the stock size rotors. 330mm is what the earlier Euro GT3s had.
The 996 GT3 comes with 350mm at the front only, the rear rotors are 330mm (steel) or 350m (PCCB). When you convert the rear rotors to PCCB specs (350mm), the car gains more rear brake-bias while still using the ABS computer from the steel rotors car. One of my frustrations with my car was its ability to lock the front wheels under heavy braking, regardless of the tires chosen, this happens to every 996 GT3. Porsche fixed that on the 997 and I fixed that on my car.

Your info about pricing is good. Indeed, I've used a similar model to determine my $67k asking price. My price include the over $10k on upgrades being left on the car.

Thanks
Old 12-06-2006, 10:35 PM
roberga
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

did you send your car to Fordahl's shop in Seattle?
Old 12-06-2006, 10:44 PM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mfennell
I don't know why I can't PM you, but do you know David Ngo, a BMW autocrosser in NJ? I think we were just talking about your car.

Please email me my registered email. (I can't even post my email!)
Can't send you PM or email. Go to Quick Links --> Edit Option, and activate your PM and e-mail notifications.

Yes, I know Dave pretty well. Both of us have been autocrossing for a while. I've run just a few autocrosses with NJ-BMWCCA.

This car is one of the fastest autocross cars in the NorthEast. It won the PCA Zone1 against plenty of cars on slicks, including the 2006 SCCA XP National Champion, It won SCCA Nationals in FPL, and second place in FP by 0.7 secs after two days. FTD at mostly every event it shows up, BMW (NJ/NY), PCA (NJ/NY), SCCA (NJ/NY), MClub.
Old 12-06-2006, 10:50 PM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by roberga
did you send your car to Fordahl's shop in Seattle?
I worked with Fordahl over the phone to get my car right. He's such a guru on the 996 GT3. He gave me a good baseline for setup, and I got the springs, shocks and drop links from him.

By the way, thanks to Greg I was able to get a Moton shock fixed, that lost the oil due to a loose line, the week before SCCA Nationals. Between Greg and Lex Carlson, made it happen.

Sadly, he didn't go this year to Nationals. Jodi did pretty good in the 944.
Old 12-06-2006, 10:55 PM
roberga
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We are very lucky to have him here. There are a dozen GT3s in the area and he is the man. He was not around much this year. Between Rolex and ALMS he was on the road.

Quick Reply: Need advice on 996 GT3 pricing - part II