Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AAA insurane in LA

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2006 | 02:41 AM
stuka
Pro

Default AAA insurane in LA

Anyone has AAA insurance in LA and can refer their agent to me? I need to switch from Farmers to AAA to end the track embargo on my GT2 istituted by my lawyer wife.

Help a track guy get back on the track.

Thanks in advance.
Old 11-11-2006 | 03:02 PM
cosmos
Rennlist Member

Just go to local AAA. They do not have "agents" so you need to go to AAA to get insurance.

Out of curiosity, why AAA, do they allow DE and track events??
Old 11-11-2006 | 04:07 PM
stuka
Pro

Originally Posted by cosmos
Just go to local AAA. They do not have "agents" so you need to go to AAA to get insurance.

Out of curiosity, why AAA, do they allow DE and track events??
In auto insurance, it's all about exclusions, Ameriprise does not have it, but they don't write GT2/3 policies.

AAA has good exclusion language, per cchan, but before I move it, I am sure my wife will want to review the policy and make sure that the exclusion cluase doesn't kill DE coverage.
Old 11-12-2006 | 12:20 AM
cchan
Rennlist Member

It would be good to compare what they give you, just to make sure that I'm not missing an update on exclusions. I'd agree with cosmos, just go to the most convenient CSAA office with insurance capabilities, it won't really matter which agent you work with. You could probably even just do most of the process over the phone, the only time my wife has met our "agent" in 15yrs is when she bought her first house and he came out to look at it as part of the due diligence on her homeowners policy.
Old 12-15-2006 | 03:02 AM
stuka
Pro

Originally Posted by cchan
It would be good to compare what they give you, just to make sure that I'm not missing an update on exclusions. I'd agree with cosmos, just go to the most convenient CSAA office with insurance capabilities, it won't really matter which agent you work with. You could probably even just do most of the process over the phone, the only time my wife has met our "agent" in 15yrs is when she bought her first house and he came out to look at it as part of the due diligence on her homeowners policy.
Preliminary review from my lawyer wife indicates that AAA is good.

Now, to move Earthquake, umbrella, auto, home, that's our Christmas vacation project...
Old 12-15-2006 | 01:05 PM
mjb
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by stuka
Preliminary review from my lawyer wife indicates that AAA is good.

Now, to move Earthquake, umbrella, auto, home, that's our Christmas vacation project...
I think the key here is to make your wife comfortable

IMO, the uhh, jury's out on whether any of these exclusion clauses have loose enough language to allow you to collect from damage incurred at a DE day given all the variables those events can have.
Old 12-16-2006 | 12:29 AM
stuka
Pro

Originally Posted by mjb
I think the key here is to make your wife comfortable

IMO, the uhh, jury's out on whether any of these exclusion clauses have loose enough language to allow you to collect from damage incurred at a DE day given all the variables those events can have.
Well, if her expertise is good enough for multi billion dollar companies, it's good enough for me.

I only go to events with properly defined parameters in the event description, so that's not a problem. You know, events that throw people out for having a timing device.
Old 12-16-2006 | 12:51 AM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

USAA now has that exclusion clause as well, but only seems to refer to bodily injury not property damage.
Old 12-16-2006 | 09:12 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by C4S Surgeon
USAA now has that exclusion clause as well, but only seems to refer to bodily injury not property damage.

My last policy did NOT have it and my renewal comes in the mail this week. I will read it VERY closely.
Old 12-16-2006 | 12:48 PM
mjb
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by C4S Surgeon
Chris,
Better check your policy. My latest USAA policy update ammended the policy with the following exclusion:

- We will not pay for....loss to any vehicle while it is being operated in, or in practice for, any driving contest or challenge.

Seems the exclusion was added to each section of the policy; Physical Damage, Liability, Medical Paymets Coverage.

Better be careful at (or avoid) timed events. Maybe untimed DE would be okay tho....??
Old 12-16-2006 | 01:01 PM
roberga
Nordschleife Master

USAA: did not describe the DEs we have in the NW. Not time, not a pracitce for contest. They lawyers that set up the proogram made sure that it is an educational event.
Old 12-16-2006 | 01:19 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

I am willing to bet that a DRIVERS EDUCATION event is covered. But, with that said they may very well drop you after that claim. But I know for a fact that at the DE events I have attended with CAR region they sepcifically state as well as address in the drivers meeting that it is an educational event and there is NO TIMING allowed and all the other stuff (no racing, is, no that, etc) and that anybody that violates that poicy will be thrown from the event.

Quick Reply: AAA insurane in LA