Picture of my GT3 with air sccop

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2006, 01:45 AM
john0719
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tso GT3
John,

Who installed those air scoop for you? Did you know they also offer them in carbon fiber? You must take your GT3 to Young Ming Mountain a lot. It's a blast to drive there.
Tso, believe it or not, I had Porsche of Taiwan install the scoop for me beause I wanted to make sure the color match. Yes, I do go up Yang Ming Mountain once in a while and absolutely love the view and twisty roads up there.
Old 10-05-2006, 02:01 AM
john0719
Racer

Originally Posted by stuka
I don't even want to know how much your GT3 costs in Taiwan with the insane import duty.

And then there's the cost for a parking spot in Taipei, which I am sure is insane.

Years ago when my dad was stopped going 220km/h on the highway by the Taiwanese Highway Patrol dudes with their MP5's, I thought we were in big trouble, and the dude simply said that the speed limit is 90km/h, not 220km/h, and wrote a ticket.
Let's just say that for the amount of money I paid for my GT3, I could have bought almost three GT3s in the U.S. And yes, parking space is outrageously price at over USD60,000 in Taipei.

I usually do not drive very fast on publice highways but a year ago during Chinese New Year holidays in which the highways in northern Taipei was desserted because everyone had gone out of town and I was actually stopped for speeding one time in my GT3 when I was on the highway reaching speeds of over180 km but thankfully only clocked at speed of 130km because I had slowed down as one cop in their BMWs came running out on the highway waving me down with a red flag. The funny part was that I had to remind them to hurry up with the ticket because they had become so mesmerized by the full roll cage and fire extinguisher in my car (I have club sport version of the car).
Old 10-05-2006, 02:13 AM
stuka
Pro

Originally Posted by john0719
Let's just say that for the amount of money I paid for my GT3, I could have bought almost three GT3s in the U.S. And yes, parking space is outrageously price at over USD60,000 in Taipei.
Yeah, my brother chose to remain in Taiwan and never came to the U.S. When I told him the news about my GT2, he couldn't belive how "cheap" it is here compares to Taiwan.

I haven't been back in Taiwan since I was 13, before the military service passport restriction age of 14, so it's been almost 20 years.

I heard that guai guai is now up to 100 NT, that's just crazy talk.
Old 10-05-2006, 02:24 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,636 Likes on 2,318 Posts

Originally Posted by john0719
live in Tien Mu section of Taipei, which would translate as "Heavenly Mother"
heavenly mother indeed, i dated wealthy chics in TAS ;-)
Old 10-05-2006, 02:35 AM
stuka
Pro

Originally Posted by mooty
Were you ever in IASAS?

I went to ISB.
Old 10-05-2006, 02:54 AM
john0719
Racer

Originally Posted by mooty
Never had the chance to go to TAS (proud to say that I went to a public school in Philly, class of 88'). Though my two sons are TAS students now.
Old 10-05-2006, 03:00 AM
john0719
Racer

Originally Posted by stuka
Yeah, my brother chose to remain in Taiwan and never came to the U.S. When I told him the news about my GT2, he couldn't belive how "cheap" it is here compares to Taiwan.

I haven't been back in Taiwan since I was 13, before the military service passport restriction age of 14, so it's been almost 20 years.

I heard that guai guai is now up to 100 NT, that's just crazy talk.
Yes, how I wish we could buy cars here with U.S. prices. So that makes you 34 years old. We're close, I'm 36. Iwent to the U.S. when I was 5. I left the U.S. after grad school and been in Taiwan now for almost 13 years now.

Quick Reply: Picture of my GT3 with air sccop