Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3 is in da house!

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2006 | 11:19 PM
Holger B
Race Car

Originally Posted by mooty
how many GT3's up at TH thursday, if enough, i may go up to see.
Only 1 that I know of for sure.

(But I'm working on it. )
Old 10-01-2006 | 11:30 PM
Dave I
Addict
Rennlist Member

I would love to go on 10/5, but will be at Disneyland with the family.
Old 10-02-2006 | 12:23 AM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Holger B
Congrats!

Can't have enough of those GT3's in the Bay Area...
You said it. I have to imagine the GT3 is well represented by owners in the Bay Area. From personal experience meeting dozens of GT3 owners over the last two years, this is an ideal place to coordinate fun activities for GT3 drivers.

Perhaps we could start with a weekend gathering and progress to some track day driving.
Old 10-02-2006 | 12:24 AM
racingfan
Rennlist Member

Holger: Thunderhill is definitely the first track I want to go to -- only one wall. Unfortunately, I still have to get the alignment done before I take it to the track. I was thinking of using Custom Alignment in Mountain View. They did great work on my S2000 and I know they do lots of Pcars. Any comments on their work on a GT3?

Also, I think I'm going to want to get some new pedals. I'm having a hard time doing heel and toe downshifts. The accelerator seems too low and far away in relation to where the brake pedal is during braking. I've seen some pedal sets that include an extension off of the accelerator that makes it easier. Has anyone else felt the need to tackle this? If so, what was your solution?

Magnus: Thanks for the info on the camber shims. I'll look into that. Where can I buy them and do they come in different sizes?

Eric: It was nice to meet you. Hope to see you around soon for another weekend drive!

Dave: Thanks for the compliments. Your GT3 is beautiful as well in that rare gorgeous one-off blue. By the way, do you have that insane Techart steering wheel in the car? I'm kicking myself for forgetting to check it out at Santana Row two weeks ago.

Old 10-02-2006 | 12:31 AM
N51
Drifting

Richard,

Sincere congratulations! Good that half a country separates us or I'd be begging rides.

Best,
Noah
Old 10-02-2006 | 12:49 AM
cchan
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by racingfan
Also, I think I'm going to want to get some new pedals. I'm having a hard time doing heel and toe downshifts. The accelerator seems too low and far away in relation to where the brake pedal is during braking...
Under normal braking on the street, it is hard to heel toe. But under harder braking at the track, the pedal position works just fine. I was worried about that too when I got my car, but my first track day turned out to be no problem at all. I also started by wearing sneakers with fatter soles, but now I'm back to driving shoes.
Old 10-02-2006 | 01:45 AM
Dave I
Addict
Rennlist Member

...Dave: Thanks for the compliments. Your GT3 is beautiful as well in that rare gorgeous one-off blue. By the way, do you have that insane Techart steering wheel in the car? I'm kicking myself for forgetting to check it out at Santana Row two weeks ago.

I had arranged to buy the car without the Techart wheel...figured it was one of those things that had to be seen in person...was going to ask to look at it in person when we picked up the car, but got caught up in the moment, and totally forgot about it.
Old 10-02-2006 | 01:55 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Dave I
I would love to go on 10/5, but will be at Disneyland with the family.
there's a new race track in Disneylanld? all right, i am taking my daughter there.
Old 10-02-2006 | 01:57 AM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

Holger: Thunderhill is definitely the first track I want to go to -- only one wall. Unfortunately, I still have to get the alignment done before I take it to the track. I was thinking of using Custom Alignment in Mountain View. They did great work on my S2000 and I know they do lots of Pcars. Any comments on their work on a GT3?

Also, I think I'm going to want to get some new pedals. I'm having a hard time doing heel and toe downshifts. The accelerator seems too low and far away in relation to where the brake pedal is during braking. I've seen some pedal sets that include an extension off of the accelerator that makes it easier. Has anyone else felt the need to tackle this? If so, what was your solution?

Magnus: Thanks for the info on the camber shims. I'll look into that. Where can I buy them and do they come in different sizes?

Eric: It was nice to meet you. Hope to see you around soon for another weekend drive!

Dave: Thanks for the compliments. Your GT3 is beautiful as well in that rare gorgeous one-off blue. By the way, do you have that insane Techart steering wheel in the car? I'm kicking myself for forgetting to check it out at Santana Row two weeks ago.

very easy to h eel and toe, 1-2 days you be fine with it.

to align, take it to tcdesignfab.com. you dont need camber shim, tony can get you as much camber as you need with out them.

i have zero confidence with custom alignment.
Old 10-02-2006 | 02:07 AM
racingfan
Rennlist Member

Mooty, thanks for the feedback on alignment shops. I guess I won't be relying on Custom Alignment for my GT3. Do you know whether TC Design can get additional caster without the shims? I'm actually considering dialing in more caster (steering feels very light to me) and Magnus had recommended the camber shims as a good way to increase caster as well.

Thanks again.
Old 10-02-2006 | 02:23 AM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

Mooty, thanks for the feedback on alignment shops. I guess I won't be relying on Custom Alignment for my GT3. Do you know whether TC Design can get additional caster without the shims? I'm actually considering dialing in more caster (steering feels very light to me) and Magnus had recommended the camber shims as a good way to increase caster as well.

Thanks again.
i had my caster maxed out without shim. not sure how much caster you want, my steering felt much heavier than most GT3's i have driven due to the caster i had.

talk to tony at TC and see what he has to say.

did you say you used to track s2k? i am surprised you dont know him. other than cmoptech, he makes most of the stuff for go fast lab and has the most effective bump steer kit for s2k. most of the top honda challenge guys run his stuff on s2k.

you know rylan hazelton of s2ki fame? tony sorted that car.
Old 10-02-2006 | 02:54 AM
racingfan
Rennlist Member

Oh, THAT Tony. Yeah, I've heard of him. I know Rylan, Dave Kennedy, and crew. I did a few track days with Speed Ventures a while back. There are some very fast drivers in that crowd! It's actually been quite a while since I've gotten to the track -- new job and girlfriend have taken their toll on my schedule. I'm long overdue to get back...
Old 10-02-2006 | 10:32 AM
'ringmeister
Advanced

Originally Posted by Dave I
Richard-
Great to see you're enjoying the car, it looks tremendous in person.

It looks like there's quite a few SF Bay Area GT3's these days...hope to see some of you guys around.
-what is color is the GT3 in your avatar? stunning...
Old 10-02-2006 | 11:31 AM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

Oh, THAT Tony. Yeah, I've heard of him. I know Rylan, Dave Kennedy, and crew. I did a few track days with Speed Ventures a while back. There are some very fast drivers in that crowd! It's actually been quite a while since I've gotten to the track -- new job and girlfriend have taken their toll on my schedule. I'm long overdue to get back...
yes, that tony. and let's just say that when he drives, he makes rylan and dave look very slow on the track ;-)
Old 10-02-2006 | 11:34 AM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by 'ringmeister
-what is color is the GT3 in your avatar? stunning...
minerva blue, one of a kind.

Quick Reply: GT3 is in da house!