LIGHT Wheels for GT3

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2006, 01:39 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,629 Likes on 2,314 Posts

Originally Posted by Austin
The Fikse Profil series is excellent. They perform and win, can't go wrong. With all the enduro hours, spins, off track excursions, and birm jumping, we're satisfied with Fikse wheels. Fit, quality and Fikse support/service has been excellent. Let us know if you any questions or comments, we are a Fikse dealer.

BBS has also been a winner, they're the standard for IMSA Porsche Cup. They've also come out with a all new forged line-up. They are great wheels, with a road hazard and defective finish warranty. There's a reason we carry those as well!

just my $.02

Austin
austin, i have profil 10, 2 sets. great stuff. but service wise, thery are SLOW. 3 week turn around time is NOT ACCEPTABLE. in that time i would have missed 6 track days, bought and sold two cars and buckler would have missed LE MANS??? yes, i am critical, but at those price, i need to be.
Old 10-03-2006, 01:44 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,629 Likes on 2,314 Posts

02 carerra,

just to clarify, i dont think i said that ccw classic will not clear the brakes, if i did, i must have been under the influence ;-)

i think we both like ccw classics, they are tough and cheap. but like you found out that corsair is bloody strong.
Old 10-03-2006, 03:42 AM
Rassel
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

BBS has also been a winner, they're the standard for IMSA Porsche Cup. They've also come out with a all new forged line-up. They are great wheels, with a road hazard and defective finish warranty. There's a reason we carry those as well!

Austin
Austin,
Are you talking about a street/track wheel or a pure track wheel here?
Perhaps you've got a link to the wheels?

Thnx.
Old 10-03-2006, 06:35 PM
Austin
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rassel,
For the BBS wheels, there are indeed 2 segments from BBS: "street" and "race". Recently, we have taken on the BBS Street segment for our product offerings. We had an educational session with BBS North America reps regarding their warranties, customer service, inventory systems and overall quality. It was very impressive.

Currently, to view either, visit bbs-usa.com (for english) or bbs.com (for Deutsch)

BBS Street wheels are also available in forged models, for example the LM and RSGT. These and the other models from BBS Street include the super warranty program. The program covers rim distortion, defects, and even finish damage. BBS actively produces for inventory as well, so replacements and initial orders are normally processed for shipment immediately.

BBS Race wheels come from a separate branch and include no warranties. They are the super lightweight track wheels visible on various competition cars, ie IMSA Cup. They are also available in 5 lug and center lock wheel centers. The 5 lug center is required for GrandAm Racing.
Old 10-03-2006, 07:04 PM
Rassel
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Rassel,
For the BBS wheels, there are indeed 2 segments from BBS: "street" and "race". Recently, we have taken on the BBS Street segment for our product offerings. We had an educational session with BBS North America reps regarding their warranties, customer service, inventory systems and overall quality. It was very impressive.

Currently, to view either, visit bbs-usa.com (for english) or bbs.com (for Deutsch)

BBS Street wheels are also available in forged models, for example the LM and RSGT. These and the other models from BBS Street include the super warranty program. The program covers rim distortion, defects, and even finish damage. BBS actively produces for inventory as well, so replacements and initial orders are normally processed for shipment immediately.

BBS Race wheels come from a separate branch and include no warranties. They are the super lightweight track wheels visible on various competition cars, ie IMSA Cup. They are also available in 5 lug and center lock wheel centers. The 5 lug center is required for GrandAm Racing.
Austin,
Thanx for the answer. I had my thoughts about the Cup, but since I dont use the car 100% on track, but also drive to and from the track, I'll probably get the BBS LM for the GT3. I'm suprised noone here seems to run them on theirs though, since they are so popular in euroland.
Old 10-03-2006, 09:00 PM
CWay27
Rennlist Member

Rassel,

I guess they changed their way of doing things cause it wasn't like that a few years ago. I had a stress crack on the lip of one of my 19" Lm, my friend whom is a BBS official distributor got told by BBS USA, that it wasn't covered by warranty and that they didn't sell seperate outer rim portion. They cut me a deal but still had to buy an entire wheel.
Old 10-06-2006, 10:52 AM
GT3MK1
Instructor

Cargraphic Racing Wheel 18" "Made in Germany"

Any comments ?

Light Weight ?

Okey for street use?

Quick Reply: LIGHT Wheels for GT3