Sponsored by:

Taller Drivers - Center Console Issue?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2006, 11:06 AM
naparsei
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Throttlesteerer
Inquiring about special built options, like getting rid of the radio and putting the AC in that position instead and therefore create a horizontal bottomline of the dashboard (like you have it with the 996 console delete option), did not give me the answers I wanted.
Moving up the AC seems to be a problem as the cables are not long enough. I was told that the electronic sytem in the car is so nervous about minimal changes that you get serious trouble with the electronics just by extending or changing cables.
TS: Who did you inquire to? I would agree it seem intuitive that the 997 will not a center console delete, but has this been confirmed?
Old 09-12-2006, 11:54 AM
Throttlesteerer
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

It is no way you get a delete from Stuttgart. Not with ordering a car and also not asking for a conversion to be executed by them in an aftermarket manner. They claim lame things like crashrigidity iwould be influenced blablabla.
I inquired in the factory direct myself as you never can trust those dealers (right?). I then spoke with a raceteam that already had their fingers on the console of a street 997-GT3. They took the radiopart out and exchanged that with a batteryswitch etc. What they had to say about the issue pretty much ruined my last hopes.
That's why I posted my question about manual aftermarket console delete here, to see if anyone has something to contribute to the issue?
Old 09-12-2006, 03:47 PM
icon
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Nordschleife
look at the size of Walter Röhrl - he has very long legs - must be something about your position
i wonder how he positions his right leg?
i'm only 5'10'' and i keep my right leg pinned against the console and feel like
i could use another inch or two as well.
although the console sometimes is nice to have for leverage.
but after reading these posts it makes me wonder how it would feel w/o
the console.
jeff
Old 09-12-2006, 04:28 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by icon
i wonder how he positions his right leg?
Watch some video of uncle Walt -- he solves the problem by keeping his right foot flat to the floor.
Old 09-13-2006, 09:45 AM
naparsei
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Carrera GT
Watch some video of uncle Walt -- he solves the problem by keeping his right foot flat to the floor.

Quick Reply: Taller Drivers - Center Console Issue?