Sponsored by:

A new low?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2006, 08:13 PM
Jerseybean
GT3 Track Junkie
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The new buyer appears to be a dealer I think.
Old 06-21-2006, 08:18 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

anybody with an eBay account can just click on the auction and then click on the "winner's" name and contact him. I'll bet he'll utilitize that 3 day right of refusal!
Old 06-21-2006, 08:31 PM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Received 218 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by goodeals
I did sell the GT3 and it was a nice car and a good price. I wish the best of luck to all of you! and hope you find the car your looking for.
what a douchebag.
Old 06-21-2006, 08:43 PM
Jerseybean
GT3 Track Junkie
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LVDell
anybody with an eBay account can just click on the auction and then click on the "winner's" name and contact him. I'll bet he'll utilitize that 3 day right of refusal!
And maybe give him the rennlist link to this thread? I wonder who would do such a thing.
Old 06-21-2006, 11:03 PM
goodeals
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The buyer is aware that the car was involved in a accident and he's having it inspected by a authorized porsche mechanic. You guys are really getting a kick out of this. You can't judge a car or someone's credibility before you see, drive, and inspect for yourself. Not fair fellows.
Old 06-22-2006, 12:24 AM
10 GT3
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've seen one cheaper. Back in 2005 when used GT3's were still over $100K, there was an 04' locally with 1 owner and no body damage that sold in the mid-$60's. It had 51K miles in only 1 year and was out of warranty. It would have been the perfect club racer platform.
Old 06-22-2006, 12:35 AM
brianbento
Instructor

We are a ruthless bunch, if we smell a rotten egg, then we see it as a rotten egg. I don’t think its fair either that 3 different people have emailed you from our group and you have not given the real accident. Come on bro, a parking lot accident, what with a hummer at 50 MPH, on a 90 degree slope. We are not out to get any body, but I would tell you this, if some one told me that a car had a parking lot accident then I am going to think as any normal person, "Ok this had a fender bender or a dent to such a extreme. But if I pull a carfax, granted they are not 100%, but fairly close to the best thing to a person that does not know the car, and I see that it had substantial frame damaged, what does that tell me. That CARFAX is lying and the dealer is correct. Negative, it says some thing is not being disclosed about this car. Any person spending, 60/70/80/90 + and does not do his home work on a vehicle, then has some other issue's. I hate the fact some one trying to pull a fast one on me. Do you really think we are mean and trying to get the dealers????? (Well, maybe sometimes :-) But this is not the truth and that is the fact, no matter what you say, what you show everybody, the car has had frame damage, and it will never drive the same again. Great if you sold it. You are now a target of a place that I think I can safely say: Nobody will do business with. That is fair “Fellow”
Old 06-22-2006, 12:41 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Well put Brian

That's the problem with slimeball used car salemen. They ALWAYS have the ability to convince themselves that whatever comes out of their mouth is the truth.......I mean, err, their "truth". Gotta love this country though. It's easy to pull the wool over at least one sucker for any 1 item you are trying to make a buck on. I am sure that it didn't bother (in fact I am sure his eyes lit up) when he saw the history on this beat to crap GT3 and got a great auction price on it. Frame and Unibody damage, 5 owners, and 3 auctions??? That is a slick used car saleman's wet dream.

Remember, to him, it is NOT a GT3, but rather a higher profit margin for him. It's all about the $$$ for these guys.
Old 06-22-2006, 02:10 AM
Rams86
Advanced

Goodeals..you are a major douchebag...
Old 06-22-2006, 03:44 AM
goodeals
Rennlist Member

Just to share some info.> Many cars sold through auctions are sold and announced "unibody or frame" And in some cases new car stores even buy em(porsche,mbz,bmw franchises)It doesn't always mean that's the case. Banks and big dealers will call these announcements as a courtesy to dealers if they feel it could be possible that the car could have this type of damage. Then it's up to us to know what were getting into. I honestly didn't even want to get into the damage aspect of this car with anyone. Just wanted to make sure the buyer was having a PPI, which is a must on any hi-end car. I know the damage isn't severe and wouldn't risk being sued (especially when judges usually hate car dealers) by lying to anyone. I haven't been in my 10 years of selling hi-end cars. And don't plan on it in the near future. Sorry if i scared anyone with the low price, dont worry these cars will hold strong forever, I was actually planning on keeping this car to track, but scooped up a 2004 GT2 at a good deal with tons of extras on it. -Alex
Old 06-22-2006, 10:13 AM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by goodeals
Then it's up to us to know what were getting into. I honestly didn't even want to get into the damage aspect of this car with anyone.
Then why did you advertise that it was only a "minor parking lot accident"?
Your E-Bay add failed to even mention the accident, it was only after several of us e-mailed you with the Carfax discovery that you responded, and even then with the BS description of the damage. If you have direct knowledge including receipts of that damage than you should disclose that. If not, then you should disclose that too. Making up that fantasy story about a minor parking lot accident flies in the face of the evidence as presented by Carfax. How else can you explain Carfax's disclosure of frame and unibody damage in a "minor parking lot accident"?

There are many credible dealers out there and some occasionally trade info on this forum. We like them, they're honest!
Old 06-22-2006, 08:08 PM
Johnny 996
Track Day

Hey guys,

I was the one that just bought the GT3 on ebay - havnt been to this site since i sold my porsches. I appreciate all the guys that contacted me - its a great feeling to know that people are watching your back - even people I dont know - I certainly would have done the same.

I knew that the car was involved in an "incident" and did have it checked over by a qualified individual. The vehicle got a very clean bill of health with no evidence of frame damage - I made sure this person was very thorough in his inspection. I know the risk when buying a vehicle on ebay all too well - I recently bought a 2002 Maserati Spyder that to my surprise needed a clutch when it got here (not a cheap item on that car) and had 3/4 of the body repainted - JACKPOT !!! and the kicker is it had a spotless carfax !!!! the car is now in my garage with the engine light on and I am debating whether or not to drive over it with my hummer - which would be costly but really really FUN !!

My priurpose for the car is to make a track car out of it - I will not even insure it for the street - so I was a little less concerned about the "accident" it was involved in. So now I have a track car and a car for the smash-up-derby (Maserati)

Anyways - thanks a lot for your concern - it was very nice to see and very much appreciated!!

Cheers.
Old 06-22-2006, 08:34 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Wow, a Disney ending....
Old 06-22-2006, 08:55 PM
Johnny 996
Track Day

and for the record - i am not a dealer as per the first post.
Old 06-22-2006, 09:50 PM
redduck996
Burning Brakes

glad it worked out for you johnny...

Quick Reply: A new low?