Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A new low?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2006, 07:08 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Just got this response from the seller to my e-mail listed below.....

"Hello JR

I am fully disclosing to all potential buyers that this vehicle has had previous body work and reccomend an inspection to be done prior to purchase. Thanks for your input, but as an experienced car dealer for over 10 years, i really don't need your advise.

Alex"

JOHN GORDON <jrgordonsenior@msn.com> wrote:
Alex,

I think you should disclose in your E-Bay add that the GT3 was in a major accident with frame and unibody damage. Anything less casts doubt on your credibility.

JR Gordon
Old 06-19-2006, 07:12 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by jrgordonsenior
I just ran the Carfax...It had a major accident earlier this year and Carfax is showing frame and unibody damage though apparently not a salvage title. It has 4 or 5 owners and been auctioned 3 times.....

I'm sure they just inadvertantly left that little bit of history off their add. Of course they're going to tell anyone too stupid to run a report......

Here's the jerk's e-mail if you'd like to tell him how slimy he appears....

alexksoliman@yahoo.com
Damn good catch! My Lord, this ad shows a checkmark in the EXCELLENT box next to frame condition.

Damn, that car has been abused and passed around more than a $2 *****.
Old 06-19-2006, 07:14 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by jrgordonsenior
I am fully disclosing to all potential buyers that this vehicle has had previous body work and reccomend an inspection to be done prior to purchase.
That's funny since it says nothing of the such in the eBay listing. What a slime ball.
Old 06-19-2006, 07:46 PM
Joe S.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Here is his response to me:

"Not sure if this vehicle has been tracked. Yes, it was involved in a minor accident in a parking lot where there was damage done to the right fender and front bumper. The work was done to perfection."
Old 06-19-2006, 08:10 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

a parking lot? What the hell hit him to cause frame damage......a MAC truck?

Christ, there are some real slime ***** in the car industry and this loser just keeps up with the tradition. Besides, how in the world does he know how the damage was caused? Was he one of the many owners???

When I buy mine later this summer it will be from only a Rennlist member that others know the ENTIRE history of the car and can vouch for the history ........or.......CPO from a dealer. I will probably prefer the CPO since I can get that extra bit of warranty and piece of mind.
Old 06-19-2006, 08:18 PM
FredC
Drifting

Received 68 Likes on 45 Posts

This is incredible. I cannot believe the seller's answer. Only body damage in a parking lot and yet he lists for 10K below market. It is simply too bad for the car industry that morons and a-holes are allowed to sell into it. Should be regulated.
Old 06-19-2006, 08:19 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,671 Likes on 2,333 Posts

Originally Posted by LVDell
a parking lot? What the hell hit him to cause frame damage......a MAC truck?

Christ, there are some real slime ***** in the car industry and this loser just keeps up with the tradition. Besides, how in the world does he know how the damage was caused? Was he one of the many owners???

When I buy mine later this summer it will be from only a Rennlist member that others know the ENTIRE history of the car and can vouch for the history ........or.......CPO from a dealer. I will probably prefer the CPO since I can get that extra bit of warranty and piece of mind.
mac truck, that's a good one.
IMHO, who has had three GT3 (dont ask, and no, i didn't wrech any of them), there is no way you will find no storied GT3 with decent mileage for less than 75k in the next year from a dealer no less. unless someone is really tight on $$$. and even then i would be very worried why the car is so cheap.

Dell, dont blindly trust CPO. i have know many cars that went throug CPO that has had 10k or so in wreck damage, even though porsche is NOT suposed to CPO anything that has been hit that hard. the dealer can DO MAGIC and get it CPO'd. for peace of mind and a bit more money, see your PM.
Old 06-19-2006, 08:56 PM
my911rs
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have you seen the engine spec? It's a 3.4 Liter! Could it be that he got an older 996 (non GT3) engine installed? As a dealer he should not make such typos easily.
Old 06-19-2006, 09:11 PM
rayng
Rennlist Member

I was interested in the car and emailed him. Here's his response: "This is a 2 owner local CA car. Yes, it holds a clear CA. title and is still under factory bumper to bumper warranty. The vehicle came in on trade at Mercedes Benz of San Diego where i as a wholesale dealer purchased the car from. I was told the front bumper and hood were replaced.thevehicle was involved in a minor incident in a parking lot with a parked car. The work was done extremely well. I encourage and welcome all inspections." The price is very tempting. Am I nuts to consider purchasing this car?
Old 06-19-2006, 09:16 PM
Jerseybean
GT3 Track Junkie
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why buy something with a suspect history, it'll also be harder to sell or trade - or will you tell the next buyer nothing. Dealers aren't stupid and often take a paint density meter to the car prior to a trade in - they sometimes wont take the car if the market is bad.

Nice price, high mileage but spend the extra 10K and get a cherry with no history and a better chance of reselling.
Old 06-19-2006, 09:20 PM
Jerseybean
GT3 Track Junkie
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

PS Buy mine instead<wink><wink>
Old 06-19-2006, 09:24 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Ray just using his attitude as a barometer I would stay away from this guy. The car was certainly in more than a little fender bender in a parking lot, Carfaxs lists both frame and unibody damage. I wouldn't care how well it looks, I would want to see all the repair receipts especially regarding the frame straightening. I would also want to know whether it was tubbed or not. A $10k discount is probably not nearly enough for the cost of the damage and the risks involved.
Old 06-19-2006, 09:35 PM
Rams86
Advanced

Attached below is Alex's response to amessage I sent him.....no doubt it's morons like this guy that give used car salesman such a bad name. I encourage all to send him a note!

"First of all, if anyone's scum it sounds like u are!! Carfax is not a reliable source for info. I've had cars that were train wrecks that show up clean. Inspections are always encouraged and reccomended"
Old 06-19-2006, 09:39 PM
RonCT
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I got pretty much the same response. Slight damage in a parking lot, fixed perfectly.

$70k is about $10-15k off what appears to be the norm for a 2004 GT3. Again, none of the cars at eBay have sold - not even one of them. The ending bids are telling - what people in the market are willing to pay. There are an awful lot of GT3s at autotrader and cars.com, which is why it would not surprise me if one did go for a quick sale at $70k. If a nice GT3 has an asking price of $79 to $82k, I wonder what a bank check of $70-75k might do?

As to losing - I suppose it's all on paper, isn't it? Those of you that bought at sticker have had the car for a good long while and depreciation is expected. If you are keeping the car for another 2 or 20 years, it doesn't really matter what the paper value is - $70k or 80.

Very strange times now with the whole sunroof thing and people switching (or maybe not) from the 996 to 997. Also another factor is what I'd call "non-enthusiasts" now picking the GT3 because it drives softer on the street (PASM), and has some creature comforts like a sunroof. I'm sure there are people who have no intention of visiting a track or even driving spirited will buy on to have the "best" naturally aspirated track ready Porsche. I just read an article that said Porsche says that about 50% of all 996 GT3 owners track their cars. We may see that change with the 997.
Old 06-19-2006, 09:46 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,671 Likes on 2,333 Posts

Originally Posted by Rams86
Attached below is Alex's response to amessage I sent him.....no doubt it's morons like this guy that give used car salesman such a bad name. I encourage all to send him a note!

"First of all, if anyone's scum it sounds like u are!! Carfax is not a reliable source for info. I've had cars that were train wrecks that show up clean. Inspections are always encouraged and reccomended"
is this guy a f'k moron?
yes, bange dup cars can show up as clean if you paid out of pocket.
but if carfax shows 10k damage, then the damage IS THERE.

too many GT3's out there, buy jersey bean's car. i saw the pix, immaculet.

Quick Reply: A new low?