Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by icon
alright, super finn!
so where are you on getting this done?
jeff
I'm trying to get someone here do it! I'm not "super" enough for getting this done!
Old 06-12-2006, 09:59 AM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

BTW, I'm not that worried about sunroof since replacing the entire roof panel on these cars is not that hard, nor expensive. If all GT3s have sunroof, once I get mine, I just replace it.

For me, as I explained, it's the whole principle of more and more pimpin' these models which IMO is not acceptable for a company that is supposed to be a sportscar manufacturer.
Old 06-12-2006, 12:29 PM
MJSpeed
The Rebel
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Flying Finn
...For me, as I explained, it's the whole principle of more and more pimpin' these models which IMO is not acceptable for a company that is supposed to be a sportscar manufacturer.
OH there it is!

It's about the principle, it's about having a choice, it's about building a sportscar not a sports coupe which unfortunately is the route that Porsche seems to be heading in. The sunroof is just another example that in the US Porsche is not giving the client the ability to make their own decision and no one likes being told what to do.

They (Porsche) is catering to the larger market segment, which we can all agree is the intelligent financial move, however that doesn't mean that they have to shun the purist/enthusiasts that still want to buy a Porsche. If the GT3 is being made to appeal to a wider market spectrum so that more people can have the choice of buying one (seeing as it is more streetable/driveable as a daily driver) then why can't we have a choice on how we want our own car to be?

Now there are models for ROW clients to chose from:

ROW "Comfort" GT3
ROW Clubsport GT3
GT3 Yankee Version
Old 06-12-2006, 02:11 PM
Oak
Three Wheelin'

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts

I guess that's what you call progress. I just find it ironic when all these so called purist have problems with any type of changes like PSM and they find them selves loosing control of their pure GT3 into a a barrier loosing it into a canyon wall

Disconnecting you from the road? That's exactly what it's design to prevent.If it's intervening then it's for a reason, you are at the the threshold of the vehicle. Sure you maybe faster with out it, but it will just be time before you will loose it. If you want pure maybe it's time to look into an Exige or similar. Just my 02. cents.
Old 06-12-2006, 02:41 PM
Hank Cohn
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

There are a lot of valid sentiments posted on both sides of this great sunroof “discussion.” I applaud Colm for starting this thread and, more so, for saying it like it is. I have had a recent opportunity to work with a team of people, outside of work, who, rather than complaining, are actively working to change something they are passionate about. It has been a great learning experience for me; lessons I think I had forgotten working in the corporate world. We can talk about this until we’re blue in the face but it isn’t going to change anything is it?

Vote with your dollars and don’t buy one if it is so offensive to you. Write a letter to PCNA and explain the issue to them and tell them that they’ve lost at least one sale of a GT3. Purchase another brand of sports car that is more to your liking if you really want to punish Porsche.

To be clear, I do understand the significance of the meaning of being forced to buy a sunroof on such a car. Let’s use this forum and the passion of its posters to create a letter that we can all print, sign and mail to PCNA. I’d sign and mail one, but, I am still going to buy and ENJOY a 997 GT3 regardless of whether it has a mandatory sunroof or not.

Hank

PS. I am neither a lawyer nor a writer so don’t suggest that I craft the letter.

PSS. I think the letter would carry more importance if signed by people who actually have deposits on the car or are owners or past owners of 996 GT3s purchased new.
Old 06-12-2006, 03:00 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

I agree with Hank above, let's do something about this guys. Surely we can come up with some kind of group letter or maybe just individually send letters to PCNA.

P.S. Hank,

I've already said the sunroof isn't that big of a deal for me since the roof is easy to replace on 997 but surely the sunroof can not be a problem for you in 997 GT3 (man changed to whole friggin' roof in his 993 to get rid of the sunroof to post on a "sunroof" thread )!
Old 06-12-2006, 03:19 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Porsche Cars North America, Inc.
980 Hammond Dr. Suite 1000
Atlanta, GA 30328
Phone: 770-290-3500
Toll free: 1-800-545-8039
Fax: 770-360-3711

CEO: Peter Schwarzenbauer
EVP and COO: Michael Bartsch
EVP and CFO: Wolfgang Lindheim

How about if someone here creates a nice fax template with the appropriate text explaining what we're "after" and then each individually signs and faxes it to PCNA, att: Peter Schwarzenbauer? (more effective better if they get 100 faxes than one fax with 100 signature)
Old 06-12-2006, 03:43 PM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Personally I think 100 Fed Exes would be the proper message. Anyone like that?
Old 06-12-2006, 04:42 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by allegretto
I'm in.
Old 06-12-2006, 04:55 PM
cosmos
Rennlist Member

Received 1,216 Likes on 663 Posts

FAX sent.

We still doing Fed Ex?
Old 06-12-2006, 05:10 PM
Jared W.
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wish I knew the answers to these questions:

1. Does the RS have a sunroof?
2. Does the RS come with PCCB standard?

If the answers to the above questions are no, yes, respectively, then PCNA and I are on good terms. Because in that case, Porsche will have given the "purist" his GT3 at an extremely reasonable price, and the base GT3, even with sunroof, is for me still a great car, and a step forward. Can anyone answer those questions definitively, by the way?
Old 06-12-2006, 05:14 PM
f1realtor
Intermediate

I sent a fax. I wonder if the secretary that sorts through them just tosses them in the trash or will actually give it to someone that matters. How about a protest or hunger strike? j/k
Old 06-12-2006, 05:33 PM
stuka
Pro

Originally Posted by allegretto
I am down for FedEx.

Anyone wants to create a template message and we can sign and include our current VIN so they know that we are serious?
Old 06-12-2006, 05:53 PM
Hank Cohn
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

You all know from my earlier post that I am neither a lawyer nor a writer. To that list you can also add that I am not a marketer; however, I would think that the value of a letter or fax “campaign” would be numbers and similarity in combination with timing.

You’re all big boys, obviously, and can do what you want. If, however, you/we want to maximize the impact our efforts have on PCNA then we need to act TOGETHER. These one-off faxes, letters and FedExes are easy to ignore or discount.

Turn your passion into action and don’t be a victim.

Hank
Old 06-12-2006, 05:55 PM
AW
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I will do fedex if there is a template / destination address. Listing VIN(s) and dealers would probably help

AW

Quick Reply: Quit bitching about the sunroof!