Notices
996 GT2/GT3 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can I use the factory anchor points for Tequipment roll bar+3point belts+ Harness?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2006, 02:01 PM
boqueron
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can I use the factory anchor points for Tequipment roll bar+3point belts+ Harness?

I would like to use the factory anchoring points to fix the waist belts of my Scrotch harness while keeping the factory 3 point safety belts ( mandatory in Spain for road use ).

My shop says that there is not enough space left as the tequipment roll bar is also fixed there. Following different - and kind - advise, I have ordered BKrause substrap bar ( 9030) + different items (9003, 9004) which seem to be flat enough to enter in the "right"(?) place.

Anyone has done it ?

Old 05-29-2006, 06:04 PM
GT3 Chuck
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this link might help...

http://gallery.rennlist.com/gallery/album125
Old 05-29-2006, 08:58 PM
DanH
Three Wheelin'

I'm not understanding the problem. How is the passenger side different to the driver side which presumably already has a harness?

I have 3 points and harnesses mounted just fine. There is a spacer kit for the lap belt which I mentioned in your other thread about harness sub strap bars.
Old 05-30-2006, 03:26 AM
boqueron
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

GT3 Chuck, Thanks

DanH, thanks for the answer and excuse me for the confusion. Passenger side and driver's are identical. The apparent problem is that on the outer side of both seats, the Tequipment bar has been already bolted to the same factory bolting points were one of the three point of the original side belts are fixed. The shop says that there is no space to mount on the already crowded bolting point an additional one: the harness lap belt.
Old 05-30-2006, 08:51 AM
DanH
Three Wheelin'

I'm still confused, and maybe I need to look at my car, but the harness lap belts are bolted directly to the seat, as is the recepticle for the 3 point. The inertial real top is mounted on the top of the b-pillar, and the other end of the inertia strap to the bottom of the b-pillar. At least that is my recollection.

To fit the 3 point recepticle and and harness lap belt to the outside of the seat, you need the spacer kit I mention. At least that is my understanding as I've not fitted my 2nd harness yet, but the parts are sat at home.

Quick Reply: Can I use the factory anchor points for Tequipment roll bar+3point belts+ Harness?