Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I finally did it, joined the GT3 club.

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2006, 06:40 PM
tlark
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks good Eric, scwhiiiiinnnggg on the CF wing............I look forward to hearing about the track differences from the tt to this car. Mine is gone next Sat. and I am going to put some thought in which direction to start looking in a few months or so.
Old 05-11-2006, 06:52 PM
Holger B
Race Car

Received 87 Likes on 34 Posts

Congrats Eric!

Looking forward to seeing you at the track.
Old 05-11-2006, 07:26 PM
RevUrGT3
Racer

Very nice!!!
Old 05-11-2006, 08:15 PM
FisterD
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 25 Posts

That car rocks!
I can only dream of owning a GT3 someday.
Old 05-11-2006, 08:55 PM
Rolo
Rhymes With Polo
Rennlist Member

Received 1,082 Likes on 641 Posts

Thats a great looking car. Enjoy, they are a blast
Old 05-12-2006, 12:16 AM
Chris M.
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 82 Posts

Very different from my TT
Congratulations and elaborate on the above for us.

c
Old 05-12-2006, 12:17 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,658 Likes on 2,326 Posts

Originally Posted by Eric 993TT
Just grinning ear to ear on the way home.

Surprisingly, I've never seen another midnight blue GT3. I'm sure there are more around, but it's pretty rare. Maybe more rare than Atlas Gray? My last 3 cars were black, so a change of pace was due.
only other midnight blue i have seen is robert murillo's car. he doesn't frequent rennlist, but frequents the track in his 996GT3 cup car, street GT3 and spec miata.
Old 05-12-2006, 12:21 AM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by NJ-GT
Beautiful car, very beautiful.

It's so good to see all the GT3 going to the right hands these days. Is there a better street legal track car?

I don't think the RS wing and CF mirrors look good at all on Blue. They look good on a Seal Grey car, I can take them if you don't want them.

Congratulations.
no, CF accessories only look good on white cars. eric, i will take those ugly things off your car. the wing only creates drag, you dont need it.
Old 05-12-2006, 12:23 AM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by CP
Folks,

Educate me. Is the FG wing looks only, or it actually improves performance? If it is a performance mod, in what regard, cornering and high speed stability? At what speed would it make a difference, say over 150 MPH?

Thanks.

CP
it adds down force over the *** end. you should also get motorsport lip spoiler to balance it out. i have the car up to 130 very briefly at TH and LS, i can't feel the difference, but i think if you were at banked oval or T8 at WS or riverside at BW, WOT you will feed the stability.
Old 05-12-2006, 01:09 AM
Vader13
Advanced

Very sweet car and I dig the color.
Yes a Cup Spoiler will be the next aero-mod I hope.
Is t a real RS wing or a knock off?
Old 05-12-2006, 03:04 AM
EricGT3
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Once again, thanks for all the encouragement and compliments.

Vader - it's a real factory RS Wing. I think I need the RS nose now. The wing is much nicer and cooler in person.

Comparing it to the TT. I've only had a limited time in the GT3, but a few things are evident.

Acceleration - altogether a different feeling. Those of you who've driven a TT know the rush of power that comes. Like a locomotive at your back. It's very addictive. You blast by people on the freeway like they're standing still. In the GT3, you really get a race car feeling (not that I've been in many real race cars, but that's what I imagine it to be.) When you wind it out, the motor just sings. It's just a marvelous sound. Almost like a Ferrari, as close as any P-car has gotten. They both accelerate strongly, my gut feeling is the TT is stronger in a straight line. Not by much though. They just go about it in different ways. The TT is quiet and smooth. The GT3 is raw and noisy (in a good way). I think all Porsches should accelerate and sound like the GT3. This is a real Porsche.

It is true that the radio in the GT3 is pretty much useless. There's quite a bit of road noise depending on what type of road you're traveling over.

Handling - ride. Haven't really taken the GT3 through major twisties or the track (I'm not an expert driver anyway). However, it's not as bumpy or rough as some have said. In fact, I don't think it rides much differently than the TT. My TT had PSS-9s and TRG sways. I think they are similar in stiffness and ride. The GT3 seems to turn in sharper and flatter. Again, limited experience, but first impressions. Seems like the GT3 is more confident in turns.

To sum it up, the TT is more plush, delivers power in a different way, more refined. The GT3 is more raw, definitely race car like. If you want a street legal race car, the GT3 is the one. It's so much fun. The first time you drive one, you'll understand what I'm talking about.
Old 05-12-2006, 07:18 AM
03-turbo911
Three Wheelin'

Congratulations on the midnight blue beauty.

Quick Reply: I finally did it, joined the GT3 club.