Notices
996 GT2/GT3 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

the only GT3 owner to be scared on bumpy roads ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2006, 04:10 PM
boqueron
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Kiko ! A good idea. I will check.

P.S. Thanks for your nice comment. BTW it was a "Mini Record" ( Best time of all the track days organized by the Spanish Pilot's School ). It was not Jerez, it's Jarama ( Madrid )... And...I am three (3 ) seconds ( !!!) slower now with the GT3 than I was with my TT !!! ( This when I succeed to keep my self and the car inside the track...).
Old 04-30-2006, 05:51 PM
03-turbo911
Three Wheelin'

Keep at it boqueron, I'm soon to join the disallusionment club when I sell my turbo S and get the GT3.
Old 04-30-2006, 09:51 PM
healeyg
Instructor

set up, set up, set up

who set up your car?

the car can be wickedly dangerous or outstandingly capabable depending on how it is set up with respect to camber, toe, front vs. rear, ride height, bar settings, etc. until you get that figured out, forget about doing 80 let alone 110 on the street. foolishness on the factory settings

BTW Spa is in Belgium, not France
Old 04-30-2006, 10:03 PM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Boqueron,

Take North Loop advice and bring the car to a race shop (Manthey, RUF, etc).

I've installed parts on my car following advice from race shops. The car has been tuned by a race shop, and they have done a terrific job.

I drive over bumpy roads, bumpy autocross lots with no complaints. My suspension is stiffer than stock. Let one of those shops tune/fix your car.

The behavior you described sound very similar to what happened to JerseyBean on his subframe, and what happened to me twice. Eccentric bolts with no tread, the car gets aligned to specs but stays like that for less than 1 minute once you hit the road.
Old 05-01-2006, 03:22 AM
boqueron
Pro

Healeyg,

Ups ! Two mistakes:

First, No one set up my car. It was checked to see if nothing was broken and then aligned following Porsche "Normal" especifications for the GT3.

Second, Spa IS in Belgium...!!

NJ-JT,

Thanks again. I am convinced. I'l see who can do it. As Nordschleife stated, in Spain it's difficult to find Porsche Motorsport expertise. I probably will go to Germany.

Khalid,

Congratulations for your future 997GT3. If you enjoy the challenge as I do it will be an absolute pleasure..!

Quick Reply: the only GT3 owner to be scared on bumpy roads ?