Notices
996 GT2/GT3 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

White GT3 @ Thuderhill last Friday? NE1 here?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2006 | 03:39 AM
Fongster
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by mooty
most cerainly, i can spin a lot faster than fong.

I think our standing is Me 2 you 0

cuz you havent spun out in front of me..while I did it twice in a day infront of u
Old 04-04-2006 | 09:47 AM
ArcticFox
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Fongster
Tell Dev to shoo the weather away, John and I will show then
Will do....no rain, Dev promises! lol.
Old 04-09-2006 | 12:33 AM
ArcticFox
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ArcticFox
Will do....no rain, Dev promises! lol.
Well, it didnt rain till 330pm. FUN FUN day... My fav pic of the day...getting hunted down by (forgive my spelling..) Johanes VanOverbeaks dad. I know, I slaughtered the name badly. That car is FAST as F&*K! lol.
http://gotbluemilk.com/web060407/sp/...s/image33.html

So, what laptimes are you "street" GT3 (all stock or mostly stock on street tires) guys running at Thunderhill?

Tim
Old 04-09-2006 | 02:37 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

did a 206 flat with mpsc.
think fong did 204 at some point.
Old 04-09-2006 | 03:48 AM
Fongster
Burning Brakes

did a 206 flat with mpsc.
think fong did 204 at some point.

Nopes

Mar 22, 2006 11.10am
2.05.68 68f
Lap 8
thats what the new toy can do,, instant recall and lots of saved laps
Old 04-10-2006 | 01:01 AM
ArcticFox
Burning Brakes

Nopes

Mar 22, 2006 11.10am
2.05.68 68f
Lap 8
thats what the new toy can do,, instant recall and lots of saved laps
Cool...Nice time. I had a passenger timing me and I was at/about 2:07. I asked a few times and he siad "2:07". So, maybe I should try a laptimer once and see what i really am running. I was not pushing real hard either...so I bet I could do better than a 2:07, if in fact, that is what it really was....there is lots of room for error when somebody in the car is using visual reference points and a wristwatch timer! LOL.

See you guys next time maybe. Tim
Old 04-10-2006 | 01:20 AM
Fongster
Burning Brakes

awesome time for ur first time out..

are you signed up for Unlimitedlaps?

there seems to be a few GT3 out..
Old 04-10-2006 | 08:50 PM
ArcticFox
Burning Brakes

awesome time for ur first time out..

are you signed up for Unlimitedlaps?

there seems to be a few GT3 out..
Well, it was my first time out in the GT3 with a dry track. I went one other time in the wet -- the week before, and mainly just to insruct. This will be my 9th year tracking. And who knows if a 2:07 is really what it was....like I said, the guy was using his wristwatch timer. lol.

Yeah, I am instructing with Unlimited Laps on 4/28. Can't beat free tracktime! ha! (and it is rewarding too!)

I have not checked who is signed up....but if there will be a few GT3's there, that would be cool! I would love to run with you guys/other GT3's!

Let me know if you are going, and/or know of other GT3's that are going. We can hook up at the track and have a blast.

See you then, hopefully. I think I will start a new thread for 4/28 w/ UL and see who is going. TTYL, Tim

P.S. I am curious.... at Thunderhill, after cresting 9, the road falls away. If I am in 3rd and on it, the *** end is fricken on Meth or something...all over the place (as the *** is so light). I started just shifting into 4th at the crest and had much better stability, although it is slower I am sure. Have you had similar issues at that section of track?
Old 04-10-2006 | 09:06 PM
Fongster
Burning Brakes

Well, it was my first time out in the GT3 with a dry track. I went one other time in the wet -- the week before, and mainly just to insruct. This will be my 9th year tracking. And who knows if a 2:07 is really what it was....like I said, the guy was using his wristwatch timer. lol.

Yeah, I am instructing with Unlimited Laps on 4/28. Can't beat free tracktime! ha! (and it is rewarding too!)

I have not checked who is signed up....but if there will be a few GT3's there, that would be cool! I would love to run with you guys/other GT3's!

Let me know if you are going, and/or know of other GT3's that are going. We can hook up at the track and have a blast.

See you then, hopefully. I think I will start a new thread for 4/28 w/ UL and see who is going. TTYL, Tim

P.S. I am curious.... at Thunderhill, after cresting 9, the road falls away. If I am in 3rd and on it, the *** end is fricken on Meth or something...all over the place (as the *** is so light). I started just shifting into 4th at the crest and had much better stability, although it is slower I am sure. Have you had similar issues at that section of track?

I am out with UL whenever I can, I will be at this event, although I might be in the BMW.

As for Turn 9, I generally like to be in 4th, if I am in third, I run out of revs right after the crest, which I dont like as its very unsettling on the car. The GT3 has enough torque/power to pull thru the turn/creast.
You might want to PM Mooty or MDS as they have much more experience at Thill.

-f
Old 04-10-2006 | 09:13 PM
ArcticFox
Burning Brakes

I am out with UL whenever I can, I will be at this event, although I might be in the BMW.

As for Turn 9, I generally like to be in 4th, if I am in third, I run out of revs right after the crest, which I dont like as its very unsettling on the car. The GT3 has enough torque/power to pull thru the turn/creast.
You might want to PM Mooty or MDS as they have much more experience at Thill.

-f
Cool. Yeah, that was my experience too...unsettled is a good description. lol. Thanks, Tim
Old 04-11-2006 | 01:07 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

i drove fong's car and it was scary at top of T9, his front was light, very light compared to my C2 or GT3. his car is otherwise well setup and runs on mpsc.

when i had ps2 on my GT3, the car behaved just like yours. rear was moving at T9 crest. fong was in my car, i saw he was gasping for his life. and the rear was like that almost EVERY lap. then when i moved on to MPSC (car had identical setup, only rubber was changed), it stayed planted. i am in 3rd gear as well.

fong is just too lazy to shift. dont know why he's so fast lugging in 4th

i'll be instructing at UL that day too.
Old 04-11-2006 | 01:17 AM
Fongster
Burning Brakes

fong is just too lazy to shift. dont know why he's so fast lugging in 4th

i'll be instructing at UL that day too.

I have twin scroll supercharger GT700 spec superchargers installed, it comes in only in 3rd and 4th gear, thus I can lug ard all day, no need to change gears..
Similar to my M3LTW which has S54 with mini turbochargers built into each exhust manifold, major forced induction..

Old 04-11-2006 | 01:18 AM
Fongster
Burning Brakes

i drove fong's car and it was scary at top of T9, his front was light, very light compared to my C2 or GT3. his car is otherwise well setup and runs on mpsc.
my car's front end is aligned to cater for my Lawrys Beef Bowl specification weight.
Old 04-11-2006 | 02:03 AM
ArcticFox
Burning Brakes

My car is fine through 9, it is that downhill section afterwards that is the issue. Dunno if we are talking about the same thing. Otherwise, the car is rock solid. I have it aligned to basically the "ring" specs or something similar I found here....but I put hte front toe at -.03 instead of -.02 as it was too crazy on the street. That .01 made all the difference for me.
Old 04-11-2006 | 02:13 AM
Fongster
Burning Brakes

My car is fine through 9, it is that downhill section afterwards that is the issue. Dunno if we are talking about the same thing. Otherwise, the car is rock solid. I have it aligned to basically the "ring" specs or something similar I found here....but I put hte front toe at -.03 instead of -.02 as it was too crazy on the street. That .01 made all the difference for me.

yes, there is this part right after 9 that unsettles alot of cars, esp if you run out of gear and attempt to shift, this unweights the car and goes whoo yea...

Quick Reply: White GT3 @ Thuderhill last Friday? NE1 here?