Sponsored by:

Are these REAL GT3 seats???

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2006, 09:48 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,660 Likes on 2,327 Posts

real or not, the price is not much cheaper from sunset or was it suncoast porsche.
i would just buy it from viper bob.
he'll set you up.
Old 03-31-2006, 10:14 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by ltcjmramos
If he buys mine, it'll already have them, and harnesses, and roll bar!!!
If it is still for sale when I move into the new digs, it sure will be!
Old 03-31-2006, 11:06 PM
Mr. C4
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn good looking copies though!
Old 04-01-2006, 12:12 AM
JasonAndreas
Technical Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. C4
Damn good looking copies though!
And I'm sure real safe...
Old 04-01-2006, 01:02 AM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Those are fake GT3 seats. They're as floppy as a 5 1/4" diskette.
Old 04-01-2006, 03:26 AM
RK1
Instructor

Did you notice some of the photos of the fake ones have this at the Bottom AUTOTECKNIC Inc.

K1
Old 04-01-2006, 06:08 PM
ltcjmramos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 151 Likes on 96 Posts

I inquired of the buyer if these were genuine. His reply:
Hi. Yes these are genuine porsche seats. I purchased them from an authorized dealer. I do have a receipt available upon request. The seats are actually at my office, and I will not be in until Monday, if this is of any help to you these are the part numbers on my invoice for the seats. Left seat :99652198501 and Right seat :98652198501 and the color code is 8YR. If you require any other information, please let me know
thanks

These numbers do not match the numbers on my GT3 seats (with Porsche crest and painted backs). In fact, my seat p/n do not start with "996." Anyone know if these are valid part numbers?
Old 04-01-2006, 06:23 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Correct me if I am wrong but if you purchase something form the dealers parts department can't you return it if it is unused? And if it is a special order just pay a restocking fee???????? His restocking fee can't be close to the "loss" he will take on this. Also, why do you order seats and sell your car all in the same month????

Sounds WAY too suspect not to mention look like copies. This is one of those situations for anybody interested to defer to the good ole gut check. For me, I would pass if looking for seats.
Old 04-01-2006, 07:03 PM
viperbob
Former Vendor

Those are NOT Porsche GT3 seats in that auction....

1) Where are the sliders? These would be Porsche only items which are missing
2) Those part numbers are NOT carbon fiber back seats
3) Those part numbers HAVE the Porsche Crest embossed into the front
4) The rear has the Recaro name embossed in it.

This is a SCAM. These are pics of the factory seats. I have half a dozen here and they all look the same. This is what you are looking for when you buy them.

Oh and the GT3 calipers do not come with them. Sorry

Last edited by viperbob; 05-21-2009 at 09:20 PM.
Old 04-02-2006, 04:17 AM
20C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 197 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by RK1
Did you notice some of the photos of the fake ones have this at the Bottom AUTOTECKNIC Inc.

K1
buyer be aware!!!

the real GT3 seat has the Porsche crest in front & RECARO logo in the back. i bought the real carbon GT3 seats from Gert for my car & painted the opening Seal Grey (as seen in the Ebay pics. those are mine). AUTOTECKIC inc. stole my pictures i posted on another board & photoshopped both logos out then claim that's their product.

i wrote Ebay an email but they couldn't do much about it. those replica seats are crappy. be very careful...

i hate thief.
Old 04-03-2006, 02:27 AM
Z06
Three Wheelin'

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

is there something else that marks, reads Recaro under them?
My friend has seen some GT3 seats with no logo on them.

we will find out soon if there the real thing, the seller is local to us and seems to be fine.
Old 04-03-2006, 12:40 PM
ltcjmramos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Mine have "Recaro" imprinted as per Bob's pics. I don't think I've seen a set without that. Of course, there are the seats directly from Recaro, which have "Recaro" in place of the Porsche crest.
Old 04-03-2006, 01:30 PM
viperbob
Former Vendor

The only thing on the bottom is a small white tag with a bunch of numbers that do not equate to anything. The one thing to look for would be the plastic brackets on the bottom. The Recaros have some small brakets (3) that hold the selt belt receptacle wiring, and another bracket in the middle of the seat to hold the wiring connector. I would doubt the imitations have this attention to detail. Also, there is a VERY distinctive spring that holds the wiring around the outside of the seats to keep pressure on the lining. THis has a nice rubber isolator around the spring to keep from damaging the underside.

The only sets that I have seen without the Porsche crest in the headrest were on the TV series "Enterprise" inside the shuttle craft for the pilot and co-pilot..
Old 04-03-2006, 02:33 PM
Z06
Three Wheelin'

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by viperbob
The only thing on the bottom is a small white tag with a bunch of numbers that do not equate to anything. The one thing to look for would be the plastic brackets on the bottom. The Recaros have some small brakets (3) that hold the selt belt receptacle wiring, and another bracket in the middle of the seat to hold the wiring connector. I would doubt the imitations have this attention to detail. Also, there is a VERY distinctive spring that holds the wiring around the outside of the seats to keep pressure on the lining. THis has a nice rubber isolator around the spring to keep from damaging the underside.

The only sets that I have seen without the Porsche crest in the headrest were on the TV series "Enterprise" inside the shuttle craft for the pilot and co-pilot..

It's for my friends GT2, I have these already in my GT3,

the only reason we bid on these is that they are local, I even got an email from another ebayer warning me about these seats, with a link to this thread.

They were purchased from a local Porsche dealer Phaff, the seller is going to fax the original receipt and we will look at the detail's on the bottom.

thanks for your help,
Old 04-03-2006, 02:43 PM
ltcjmramos
Addict
Rennlist Member

I'll take pics of the p/ns on my seats, and post. As I said, they don't correspond to what the seller gave me.

Quick Reply: Are these REAL GT3 seats???