10.53%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

997 GT-3 interior poll

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2006 | 09:38 AM
mitch236
Rennlist Member

Default 997 GT-3 interior poll

I was requested to post an interior poll so........
Old 03-03-2006 | 09:24 PM
MJSpeed
The Rebel
Lifetime Rennlist

No carpet, no door inserts, just a little fabric and a teather (ala 993 RS), no sound deadning stuff, no power windows, lightweight seats, no radio, lexan windows, etc...I think you guys get my point anything lightweight!!
Old 03-03-2006 | 10:42 PM
enthusiast
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MJSpeed
No carpet, no door inserts, just a little fabric and a teather (ala 993 RS), no sound deadning stuff, no power windows, lightweight seats, no radio, lexan windows, etc...I think you guys get my point anything lightweight!!

definitely !
Old 03-03-2006 | 11:12 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

so mj, you are looking for a street legal cup car ;-)
i tried, but too tough to get a plate for it.
Old 03-04-2006 | 12:16 PM
MatroxMGA
Instructor

The carbon buckets seats in leather/alcantara, middle section in carbon would look nice.
Old 03-04-2006 | 12:45 PM
MJSpeed
The Rebel
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by mooty
so mj, you are looking for a street legal cup car ;-)
i tried, but too tough to get a plate for it.
Kinda, sort of...It's more like a GT3RS that's really light with little compromise for street driving...you see I'm one of those nuts that likes my cars lightning fast, the louder the better, extremely light, just barely street legal with the compromise scale leaning towards the track side of the equation!
Old 03-04-2006 | 02:19 PM
cosmos
Rennlist Member

Thumbs up MJ

Kinda, sort of...It's more like a GT3RS that's really light with little compromise for street driving...you see I'm one of those nuts that likes my cars lightning fast, the louder the better, extremely light, just barely street legal with the compromise scale leaning towards the track side of the equation!

You and I are cut from the same piece of Alcantara
Old 03-04-2006 | 02:39 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

me too. i REALLY was gonna buy a cup car and have it legalized.

then i bought a street gt3 trying to make it into cup car. then i heard of the cost of conversion and am still in shock ;-0
Old 03-04-2006 | 02:46 PM
enthusiast
Rennlist Member

Some Rennlisters don't think we are making realistic interior requests for a street legal US Spec car... but we are. If Porsche can build the car with purple leather and carbon fiber interior bits, they can do the same with light weight materials and simple feature deletes.

I don't know if we can get away from power door locks and windows if they are standard on all the cars they build worldwide. That would cause an engineering change and I expect that yo be too costly for them to be bothered with for a low volume production run.
Old 03-04-2006 | 07:53 PM
MJSpeed
The Rebel
Lifetime Rennlist

If Porsche doesn't build it then I will convert what ever they give us into what I want...anybody else with me?

I just hope they give a huge head start!!!
Old 03-05-2006 | 12:01 AM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

If Porsche doesn't build it then I will convert what ever they give us into what I want...anybody else with me?

I just hope they give a huge head start!!!
Guys,

No problem converting to a old school RS style from a pimped out modern Porsche style.

Take a look at my car, it used to have leather, 14 speakers (or what ever the number of 993 "hi-fi" option has), thick door panels with door pockets etc. Now... Well, I still have front seats and some carpet...
Old 03-05-2006 | 01:48 AM
MJSpeed
The Rebel
Lifetime Rennlist

Finn,

Post some pics of that "interior" or lack there of!

BTW I've seen it, "heard" it and ridden it...it's a model for hardcore P-car lovers all over!!
Old 03-05-2006 | 02:06 AM
Claudef2
Intermediate

The car on the booth in Geneva had the lightweight carbon seats. VERY comfortable with excellent side support, and ready to install harnesses. With our luck though, PCNA won't bring them to the US due to lack of chest-level airbags.

There was also a bunch of bling, such as carbon fiber interior panels. (If it does not add horsepower or lightness, it's bling.)

Claude

Quick Reply: 997 GT-3 interior poll