Notices
996 GT2/GT3 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

997 GT3 option list attempted translation.

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2006 | 02:50 AM
MJSpeed
The Rebel
Lifetime Rennlist

Khalid,

I'm sure Leif didn't mean to insult you or anyone else...I believe, that he, like many US and Canadian buyers are frustrated with the inability to order a lightweight, no options car.

BTW leather does weigh and quite a bit may I add...but like you said, first of all it's your car and what you said "Also it's not a CUP car, it's a street car that I can drive occasionally on the track."

Enjoy it in good health and keep us up to date on what's going with your order...
Old 03-05-2006 | 02:57 AM
03-turbo911
Three Wheelin'

MJ, thank you so much but I wasn't insulted. As a turbo S Tiptronic owner I'm used to it.

That's a preliminary spec anyway. Might change any minute since the dealr's got the Order Guide.
Old 03-05-2006 | 03:13 AM
MJSpeed
The Rebel
Lifetime Rennlist

No need to thank me...just merely pointing out how frustrated we are as "enthusiasts/purists" in America.

Consider yourself lucky!!
Old 03-05-2006 | 11:13 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by 03-turbo911
One other thing that I noticed in the GT3 Order Guide. US market cars won't come with PCM standard, but a sunroof is standard for the US/Canadian market!
ordering guides are on acrobat reader, anyway you can attached on to rennlist khalid?
Old 03-05-2006 | 11:15 AM
Cupcar
Rennlist Member

The Turbo's extra Sport Chrono "torque and power" comes from nothing more than changing the computer code that manages the electronic "pop off valve" controlling the Turbo boost.

The change in computer code costs Porsche absolutely nothing to change and is a complete gimmick in the first place

I thought it extortion to pay for the Sport Chrono with the warty clock on the dash in order to get this code change, now it seems that you have to have "Sport Chrono Plus" which requires the PCM navigation package.

Extortion turns to BULL**** if this is true...I hope the GT3 is not burdened with such arrogant sales tactics.
Old 03-05-2006 | 01:44 PM
leif997
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by 03-turbo911
Leif, Notice that nothing adds any significant weight. It's all leather options and those add nothing. The PCM I had to get because Chrono Sport Plus, which some people say increases the torque in the sport setting, can only be had with PCM. PCM also comes standard with the NAV module so I added the telephone module to that.

Also it's not a CUP car, it's a street car that I can drive occasionally on the track. If that makes it a "sissy" car than that's ok by me.

One other thing that I noticed in the GT3 Order Guide. US market cars won't come with PCM standard, but a sunroof is standard for the US/Canadian market!
my bad...just jealous of the fact that you can have your cake AND get to eat it also.....its just not fair....we (the US market) would be a great consumer of a car like that and our hands are tied by so much BS...I wish I could have a "sissy" car like that!!! I will have to settle on the basic options that are available to us and deal with it.......great options by the way....will be a nice car!.....I still wouldn't add a thing personally
Old 03-05-2006 | 04:25 PM
03-turbo911
Three Wheelin'

Mooty, I will try to steal a copy from the dealer.

Leif, that order was just something that I put together. It's not, by all means, what I had ordered. The final order has gone and I have heavily changed it. When I chose those previous options, I thought that we would get PCM as standard. Turns out it was an option so alot of things got changed.

This is the order that I have officially sent to the dealer and it was forwarded to PME (Porsche Middle East).

Slate mettalic
Black leatherette interior (Club Sport)
Windshield with Grey Top Tint
Bi-Xenon lights
PCCB
Club Sport Package
Light Weight Bucket Seats
Seat Belts in Speed Yellow
Foot Rest in Sports Look

As you can see, it's bare bones with as much weight reducing options as i could add/subtract.

Quick Reply: 997 GT3 option list attempted translation.