Vader13
Advanced

awesome thread
Old 01-26-2006 | 11:28 PM
RJFabCab
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Larry Herman
Funny, write about how my GT3 drove me back INTO racing and it is called "old lady-ish" by you street posers.

Let me say one thing about the street. I drive on the street to get where I'm going safely, without any accidents. I gave up the cowboy **** 20 years ago. I race on the track to kick your ***. Ask anyone who knows me.
YEE HAW! Gawd, I love this place!
Old 01-27-2006 | 09:36 AM
Seth Thomas
Rennlist Member

Okay I drive my car last night and I want to complain about it.

Why does Porsche put power seats in these cars. That is a waste of money and weight. Other than that I loved every minute of it!!!!!!
Old 01-27-2006 | 11:19 AM
frayed
Race Car

The GT3 is a fantastic ride, and I would have kept mine if I could afford (both in terms of spousal points and cash) a 997S daily driver and a GT3 for dedicated track use (and occasional street fun).

To be clear, I would never consider a 997, E46 M3, AMV8, S4, etc. as a *replacement* for a GT3, but I do consider any of those cars coupled with a dedicated track machine to be a viable replacement for a GT3 that is used as a dual purpose street/track car.
Old 01-27-2006 | 12:10 PM
jsparky
Track Day

Default gt3

I sold my yellow 2004 GT3 this past June with 2500 miles.It was an awesome ride. I have a new loaded club coupe as a result of the PCA drawing. Its beautiful and quick but not a GT3.I may sell this baby and go back to a GT3 when the new one is released.
Old 01-27-2006 | 12:20 PM
NelsonF
Pro

Default GT3

Does it rattle? Yes, and so what. It should given the set up it and actually adds to the experience. These cars are appreciated by those that understand performance cars. I'm not likely to give mine up soon cuz I know I'll regret it. BTW, as well as they are set up from the factory(exluding alignment) a little weight reduction goes a long way. RS seats, muffler bypass, lightweight flywheel, Optima battery, floating hat rotors and you're down more than 150lbs.
It will not be easy to replicate this package.
Old 01-27-2006 | 02:06 PM
GT3BB
Racer

Not sure I have seen anybody (current or ex owners) whining about their GT3.

Not sure I have seen anyone give as the primary reason for selling their GT3 that it is too noisy.

Not sure I have seen anyone give as the primary reason for selling that the ride is too harsh.

Not sure I agree with the notion that just because you keep the car a little longer than the next guy, that you are somehow the chosen people.

The fact is that many sell their cars for reasons that have nothing at all to do with the car itself.
Old 01-27-2006 | 03:51 PM
frayed
Race Car

Well said.
Old 01-27-2006 | 06:09 PM
bora
Racer

Not sure if you have read this forum in the last 3 months.

Originally Posted by GT3BB
Not sure I have seen anybody (current or ex owners) whining about their GT3.

Not sure I have seen anyone give as the primary reason for selling their GT3 that it is too noisy.

Not sure I have seen anyone give as the primary reason for selling that the ride is too harsh.

Not sure I agree with the notion that just because you keep the car a little longer than the next guy, that you are somehow the chosen people.

The fact is that many sell their cars for reasons that have nothing at all to do with the car itself.
Old 01-28-2006 | 06:18 PM
g3tcs
Advanced

Last Sunday I got up, opened my garage an climbed aboard my GT3 Mk1 CS and drove for two hours to Silverstone, the home of British Motorsport. I watched as the various cars arrived for the trackday, much race exotica aboard trailers with many of the drivers all Sparco'ed to the hilt.

After whupping their a7ses I got back in and drove two hours home, calling in to the grocery store on the way home for my weekly shop. Not once did the cheesy grin leave my face....

God, I love that baby!
Old 01-28-2006 | 09:15 PM
MJSpeed
The Rebel
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by g3tcs
...the cheesy grin leave my face....
Ah yes the GT3 grin. A grin only fellow GT3 owners can relate to!
Old 01-29-2006 | 05:43 PM
911 silverback
Advanced

Wink

Originally Posted by g3tcs
Last Sunday I got up, opened my garage an climbed aboard my GT3 Mk1 CS and drove for two hours to Silverstone, the home of British Motorsport. I watched as the various cars arrived for the trackday, much race exotica aboard trailers with many of the drivers all Sparco'ed to the hilt.

After whupping their a7ses I got back in and drove two hours home, calling in to the grocery store on the way home for my weekly shop. Not once did the cheesy grin leave my face....

God, I love that baby!
Hey there how you doing,
I spoke to you in the pits about tyre pressures, we were out on the track at the same time i was in the silver MK2 GT3CS.
Do you remember the TVR and yellow Masi what were those guys on???
Just booked Bedford march 4th any one else here going??
seeya????
rob
Old 01-29-2006 | 05:57 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Seth Thomas
To the point about the GT3. I bought mine because I can't drive my racecar on the street and I want that feeling when I get in a car.
Bingo !
Old 01-29-2006 | 06:53 PM
Rolo
Rhymes With Polo
Rennlist Member

I drove my to the office on Friday. Started on the interstate....second gear,...hard on the gas,,shift to theirs....over 100mph........got that ole chest butterfly thing.....GRINNED and thought....Oh My, !

Quick Reply: (ex)GT3 owners stop whining