Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone selling a gt3 wing

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2005, 07:28 PM
enthusiast
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

If you don't find a used package, Porsche AG sells the whole package; rear deck and wing designed to fit the normal bodied 996 Model 2002 - 2004.

Carrera Cup Aerokit II 996 512 901 02 GXA

This summer they were on sale at some dealers for $1500 - $1800
Attached Images  
Old 12-29-2005, 11:11 PM
Holger B
Race Car

Received 87 Likes on 34 Posts

Looks very deceptive on their website. The white car is clearly their knockoff wing as it looks glued to the decklid and is labeled as such. Whereas the silver & yellow cars appear to be real GT3's with the OEM one-piece decklid & uprights (also, the yellow car has GT3 wheels, no sunroof, etc), but there's no caption for those photos and you're led to believe it's their wing (which it isn't).

Also, is the knockoff adjustible like the OEM? Maybe this doesn't matter to you.

If it were me, I'd call Larry and get the real deal. Why cheapen the look of your car?
Old 12-30-2005, 01:15 AM
roberga
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

call Barrier Porsche in Bellevue Wa. They might have a red one that they took off a trade in. It is red but you might be able to get a good price. Ask for Jeff in service.
Old 12-30-2005, 02:54 AM
JustinTay
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DHinkle
http://www.betterbodiesmotorsport.co...96gt3wing.html does this look like a good bolt on?
I would go for the real decklid and wing if i were u...if you're going to make ur carrera look like a GT3 might as well use the real thing..

if you're interested i have 2 wings that im not using...one in white and one in silver..both original paint from porsche...they came off my GT3s...fitted the RS wing
Old 12-30-2005, 06:34 AM
Dubai911
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wouldn't do a thing to your Carrera, why do you want to make it look like something it isn't. The beauty of a Carrera is the shape, and making it look as stock and classic as possible. Plus I think the rear wing that comes up on its own at 120km is really cool.
If you really want the wing buy a GT3 , where the wing makes sense and has a functional justification for being there, and is not merely a cosmetic add on. Just my opinion.
Old 12-30-2005, 12:33 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Rhamy....buying a wing for the car does NOT make it something it isn't......re-badging the car with a GT3 badge does. FYI.....the wing he wants is one which you can order with the 996 Coupe (Aerokit). As for the functionality, he can get the same functionality as you. It is based on speed not badge on the rear decklid.

Geez, a guy trades up to a GT3 and then gets very vindictive. Remember, you drive the beauty of the Carrera as well, just in GT3 format.
Old 12-30-2005, 03:58 PM
Vader13
Advanced

I think the wing on the carrera looks hot.
Get the factory stuff though.
BMW and MB don't have cool factory options like Porsche does.
That makes it a great brand that shares it's motorspors tech with all the 996 models.
Old 12-31-2005, 12:40 AM
DHinkle
Rennlist Member

Received 108 Likes on 17 Posts

THANKS LVDELL. IM JUST A 21 YEAR OLD TRYING TO GIVE MY CAR SOME STYLE...PLUS DUBAI WHY ARE YOU RUNNING AN RS WING ON A STREET GT3? GET THE GT3 CUP CAR IF YOU ARE GOING TO USE AN RS WING, where the wing makes sense and has a functional justification for being there, and is not merely a cosmetic add on. Just my opinion.
Old 12-31-2005, 12:46 AM
Vader13
Advanced

Originally Posted by DHinkle
THANKS LVDELL. IM JUST A 21 YEAR OLD TRYING TO GIVE MY CAR SOME STYLE...PLUS DUBAI WHY ARE YOU RUNNING AN RS WING ON A STREET GT3? GET THE GT3 CUP CAR IF YOU ARE GOING TO USE AN RS WING, where the wing makes sense and has a functional justification for being there, and is not merely a cosmetic add on. Just my opinion.

Dude the RS wings help on street cars just like your GT3 wing will help on your 996. That's like him telling you, why don't you get a GT3, a GT3 wing on a 996 does nothing.
Old 12-31-2005, 12:51 AM
DHinkle
Rennlist Member

THATS THE POINT I WAS MAKING, I AGREE
Old 12-31-2005, 04:25 AM
Dubai911
Racer

Ok, Ok, chill guys, it was just my opinion, I like the Carrera as it is and like its classic profile, it is the embodiement of the progression of a shape honed over 40 years, I love the profile the way the roof slopes into the rear desck, and I just think its best kept that way. I feel it is classier and more sophisticated. And I would guess the orginal spoiler adds more than sufficient downforce for the purposes of what a C2 is intended for. The GT3 comes with a wing from the factory as it is geared towards performance, and the additional downforce is required, and is also combined with the lowered ride height, and the front spoiler, I bought my car with the RS wing on it, and I got accustomed to it, and now like it alot. If I had bought the car without it, I would have probably not spent 3-4k to buy it. But again the wing is justified on a GT3, this car also has the front bumper openings like the RS, for increased downforce at the front end to balance out the RS wing. I also track my car at least 8-10 times a year, so I am hoping the increased downforce will be a bonus on track. Of course if the rear wing is your cup of tea, then of course do what makes you happy, I'm sure it will look good, and give the car a more agressive look.
And Hinkle there is no need to shout.
LVDell I am not being vindictive, just expressing my opinion
Old 12-31-2005, 03:44 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

FYI.....the non-GT3 996's are also track cars. And as well, benefit from the same things the GT3 benefits from. Why do you think they have the X73/X74 kits and the aerokits??? I'll give you one guess.....handling and stability.

So I ask, (as you stated) what is the C2 exactly intended for??? Whether you want to admit it or not, you are coming across very elitist with the "opinions" you are posting. There are many non-GT3 996's that would run circles around you at the track and NEED all the things you say are not meant for their car but only yours.
Old 01-01-2006, 04:05 AM
DHinkle
Rennlist Member

I do track my car at least 8-10 times a year and im lowering it an inch to euro ride highth with H and R suspension to get better performance

Quick Reply: Anyone selling a gt3 wing