Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3 Lemon Law

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2005, 01:20 PM
Carmelo Locurto
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you enthusiast. Should know outcome soon.
Old 12-16-2005, 06:35 PM
Shark
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Carmelo Locurto
Oh, almost forgot, there are NO trouble codes-at all- all 3 times! The car shuts off, like some one turned key to off, in dash says "Engine Failure" w/pic if an eng. then when you turn key it won't crank change DME fuse-it starts back up!
Wow, eerily similar to what happened to my TT. Bought it in August. Every now and then you would turn the key and....nothing....and the picture of the engine would show up. I would then take the key out, try again and it was fine.

About a month ago, we had our first cold snap (Texas). Whenever the car was cold and the weather was below about 55 degrees, the car was a BITCH to start, I'm talking 15-20 cranks. When the car was warm, it would start every time, same if the temp got above 55. After a few days I took it to a dealer. They couldn't replicate the problem.....because the temp climbed to 70. Said nothing was wrong.

Had our most recent cold snap last Friday......took 6 HOURS to get the car started. Took it to another dealer. They found that the DME relay was failing....but they couldn't understand the temperature thing. It now runs fine, even this morning (46 degrees).

Quick Reply: GT3 Lemon Law