Sponsored by:

PCCB Gen 1 and Gen 2

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2005, 03:41 PM
Tom Tom
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

Hi guys, I have a Mk2 GT3 Club Sport with the PCCB brakes, and I've used the car for track days, and together with Porsche race cars. The brakes are phenomenal with excellent fade resistense all the time, and still as new, and the car has now 12k km.

However, I've been VERY careful when changing wheels, since the discs does not stand any pressure from the side or top. I've not been off the track (yet). But, I've experienced that the PCCB on tracks you must change the pads quit often. I was surprised when I saw my first pair of pads after 10-12 track days. The pads seems to not stand the heat! It seems that it is the pads which cause PCCB problems. My pads ware simply not at all in shape just after 5k km! They were more or less in different pieces. I've changed pads 3 times (front) now, and I use the same kind of pads as they use on the CGT! My dealer and mechanic were very surprised when they saw the damage on the pads!
I'm sure that the pads would cause PCCB disc problems if I didn't chage the pads. So, my advise is:
Change pads often if you do hard track day racing, and ask for the same pads as they use on the CGT.

BR,
GT3Tom

Quick Reply: PCCB Gen 1 and Gen 2