Sponsored by:

Preperation for first Track Day

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2005, 10:28 PM
Roscoe
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Preperation for first Track Day

Guys, First track day at NHIS coming up in 2 weeks. Bot the cgl ocks, new helmet etc. Having the car aligned , oil change (3500miles on car), and the brakes checked out (i mentioned in earlier post the damn low speed squeal is killing me!)

What else should I be thinking about?

-Tire pressure changes (running 32/39 front/rear)?
-Tape off certain portions of car to prevent chips etc.? (I have a the clear bra on it now)

Thanks in advance,
Tim

2005 Seal Grey....
Old 09-12-2005, 11:47 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

The metrony pca website has a nice DE page, and a downloadable manual that details everything you do and don't need.
Old 09-12-2005, 11:48 PM
Jim H.
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

I just finished my first DE. I had it track aligned, changed out the brake fluid to ATE super blue, and trusted my clear bra to protect the paint. I had my oil changed at 1000 miles as well (only 1500 on the clock so far). Oh, and I put on the muffler bypass pipes because you can't really hear the stock exhaust while wearing a helmet. I also have the european seats which held me in place fine with just the stock 3 point seat belt.

The lower rockers right in front of the rear wheels (where it flares downward) took more of a beating than I expected. I'll probably tape them off next time or add some clear bra material there.

If you push the car on the track at all you'll need to lower your rear pressures. I found that 37psi hot all the way around worked great and that was about 32-33psi cold.

Hope that helps.

Cheers.
Old 09-13-2005, 12:33 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,791 Likes on 2,373 Posts

bottom of sideskirt, near rear of front wheel well as well as front of rear wheel well, will get sand blasted.
Old 09-13-2005, 01:15 PM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Received 248 Likes on 204 Posts

Roscoe-have you used the CG lock yet? I have one and did not like it. Maybe it's me but the clip that locks to the seat belt kept pulling off. I did the old way of pulling seat back yank on seat belt and pull seat forward-nice/tite. Check pressures after each session and record them-bleed when necessary. Have not used stock tires for the track so can't help with tire pressures but others can chime on that. Drink alot of fluids thurout the day-adrenalin tends to make you dehydrate. About the only thing I taped was my cup lip spoiler to prevent from wishboning if I get an off. I get more chips from freeway then the track. Mike

Quick Reply: Preperation for first Track Day