Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BBS RS-GT wheels

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2005, 09:33 PM
DanH
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Patrick - Did they supply the rims painted to match your RS, or did you have to strip them immediately to get them painted (which would suck).
Old 09-14-2005, 04:17 AM
RS Patrik
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had to strip them upon arrival to get them painted, actually in hindsight would never trust those cowboys at BBS to do a proper job. Just to get the right offset has been a nightmare.
You have to know the proper ref number, and still they manage to send the incorrect wheels. Heard of a customer who had got 4 different wheels...
Old 09-14-2005, 05:14 PM
DanH
Three Wheelin'

Hmm did you have to buy a whole new set of bolts for the wheels then? I was under the impression that stripping 3 piece wheels required new bolts and was a complete pain to do properly?
Old 09-26-2005, 01:32 PM
Calvaire
Intermediate

Hi all, sorry for the introduction.
i own a 964rs . I've been offered a set of BBS motorsport 17". Still don't know which wideness. I've been told that they're wide...
The car comes out with 9x17 et55 and 7.5x17 et55.

Do you think larger wheels (e.g. 8 or 8.5 in the front and 9.5 rear) would fit?

Second, These BBS are used. What's an approx. fair price given the're straight and not ruined aestetically?

Thank you very much

Andrea
Old 09-27-2005, 04:26 AM
RS Patrik
Racer

Originally Posted by DanH
Hmm did you have to buy a whole new set of bolts for the wheels then? I was under the impression that stripping 3 piece wheels required new bolts and was a complete pain to do properly?
Re-used the bolts without problems.
Old 09-27-2005, 05:12 AM
DanH
Three Wheelin'

Patrick did you consider the cargraphic RS wheels? Just wondering if you did and specifically avoided them for some reason.
Old 09-27-2005, 05:16 AM
RS Patrik
Racer

Patrick did you consider the cargraphic RS wheels? Just wondering if you did and specifically avoided them for some reason.
Dan, not really, but as I wanted to keep the weight to the absolut minimum, but not wanting to spend as much as the Manthey BBS Magnesium cost, I opted for the BBS Magnesium Race. I have just learn (here) that these are no longer made, the magnesium centers are now replaced with alloy instead. The Cargraphic are made of alloy so now I assume they should be equal, but I wouldn't go bigger than 18" anyway.
What's your plan?
Old 09-27-2005, 06:37 AM
DanH
Three Wheelin'

Dunno yet. My next step is to get the Manthey geo setup sorted on my car and then probably box the ceramic brakes in the garage. Need to budget for tyres too, so wheels may be a little time off, although I plan to check the weights etc before going ahead - was just wondering if you'd already done the donkey work on that
Old 09-27-2005, 06:47 AM
RS Patrik
Racer

Dunno yet. My next step is to get the Manthey geo setup sorted on my car and then probably box the ceramic brakes in the garage. Need to budget for tyres too, so wheels may be a little time off, although I plan to check the weights etc before going ahead - was just wondering if you'd already done the donkey work on that
Sorry, no donkey work done here...
Speaking of Manthey, last week when I was down, they changed pads (I had a spare set with me) and a friend did a few things with his car, they seem to be slower and they have raised the hourly costs as well.
The only person to talk to is Enwar, and he was ill that day.

The setup I have done, was to maximise within standard limits. This friday when doing the service before putting him to sleep for the rest of the season, I will put some camber distance brackets, to get further camber angles
They Mantey setup involves their own strut tops which means a bit drilling as well. All in all costly, but they say for the Nordsleife a good set up. Good luck!
Old 09-27-2005, 10:23 AM
DanH
Three Wheelin'

Its being done in the UK by their UK partner. I won't be letting them make it too track focussed as its a road car too - just need more camber really to protect the tyres on track and stabilise the rear under hard braking. Also corner weighting will be done. I've only just got the car so its running standard Porsche setup at the moment. Hopefully my tyres will survive my first trackday on Sat.

Quick Reply: BBS RS-GT wheels