front light (unstable) at high speeds

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2005, 02:50 PM
9Eleven
Three Wheelin'

Received 61 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by MatroxMGA
Hey guys,

I need some advice. I sold my mk1 a while ago and have now picked up my mk2 from Porsche and its fantastic, black with black full leather interior. I
have one concern though; it feels like the front of the car gets pretty
light in higher speeds (unstable), not as my previous mk1. What do you guys think I should do to resolve this, is an alignment due? I had Mantheys setup
(alignment) on my mk1, what shall I do? Thanks!

GT3´s rock
Mine felt unstable too (143 mph). I hope when I take it in for 1K service an alignment will solve the problem.
Old 08-19-2005, 06:40 PM
RR
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had same problem.
To solve, I placed the Motorsport front splitter and adjusted rear spoiler 8 degrees.
Old 08-21-2005, 11:44 PM
CME
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 160 Likes on 71 Posts

[QUOTE=healeyg]
Originally Posted by CME
They charged me 8 hours and that included bar, seats and harness.

so, what was the total bill? are you going HANS?
They charge $90/hr.

The Porsche harnesses are not compatible with HANS. Currently I have no plans to go the HANS route.

Anyway - I was at Summit Point on Saturday and whatever setup FarnbacherLoles did ..... it was awesome. Felt in total control, car was controlable at the limit. The PS2's are really communicative at the limit. Best time ever.....

Only thing I know of the setup is that they set neg camber at 2.5 fr and 2 rr. The bars are one off full stiff up front and one off full soft at the rear.

Chet
Old 08-22-2005, 01:28 AM
cosmos
Rennlist Member

Received 1,164 Likes on 639 Posts

Chet,

Can you please call and ask what settings they did and also what else would they recommend for an advanced driver for track only.

Thank you very much.
Old 08-22-2005, 02:37 AM
Mr. C4
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That 3 point harness installation is not safe, the belt MUST be routed through the seatback opening (outer side) and the lap bet opening (outer side)!

As for ideal geometry set up, there is no such thing since it is all down to personal preference.

Ciao,

Johannes E.

GT3 CS
Old 08-22-2005, 08:40 AM
healeyg
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cosmos
Chet,

Can you please call and ask what settings they did and also what else would they recommend for an advanced driver for track only.

Thank you very much.
farnbacher considers their settings proprietary ... i have one of their more aggressive set ups with 235/315s MSPCs on FIKSEs (they rolled the fenders to make it work right). a great set-up, super neutral with aggressive turn-in - about as good as you can get out of the stock suspension.

spenser *** is the man to speak with

Last edited by healeyg; 08-22-2005 at 09:15 AM.
Old 08-22-2005, 10:05 AM
CME
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 160 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by healeyg
farnbacher considers their settings proprietary ... i have one of their more aggressive set ups with 235/315s MSPCs on FIKSEs (they rolled the fenders to make it work right). a great set-up, super neutral with aggressive turn-in - about as good as you can get out of the stock suspension.

spenser *** is the man to speak with
They do consider their settings proprietary. I spent close to an hour chatting with Spencer about my driving experience and that most of my track driving was done in an E30 M3. Also we discussed what I preferred which is basically a neutral car and if it has a shade of understeer it would not bother me one bit. I wanted sometime safe and fun and they really nailed it.

I was told to run the 8 degree shims in the back as the rear did feel loose but controlable on high speed turns. I could not get the covers off the adjustment holes on the rear spoiler.

Also thanks again re the 3-point belt. I know it is something I need to fix.

Chet
Old 08-22-2005, 05:56 PM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Received 247 Likes on 203 Posts

CME-those plugs for the rear wing are a PITA to remove. Both Holger and I were careful prying the damn thing out but to no avail paint still chipped off. They are stuck there pretty good but its removable for sure. Mike

Quick Reply: front light (unstable) at high speeds