Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Niello Porsche Service Experience (bad) -- Advice Needed

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2005, 06:49 PM
ArcticFox
Burning Brakes

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts

No, they left DMX and Steely Dan...I have a wide range of music I like. LOL... I like metal to classical. However, the Korn CD has been my "prefered" cd for some time now... I am glad I made a backup of it...so no huge loss...just the principle of it all....and the service writter basically saying "tough ****" to me.
Old 08-17-2005, 09:51 PM
Austin
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

AF,
Sorry you had a bad experience with Niello Service Dept. I have dealt with their GM (Mr. Faeber) and would say that if you can get ahold of him he'll likely spend a little time on discipline patrol and promptly apologize if it is indeed their fault. He was fair, cordial and honest during the several times I've dealt with him over the phone and in person. They do have a bunch of younger (under 25) y/o's there who in washing or parking your car could have garfunkled your CD. Things could be worse.

Service dept's should not have the radio on unless necessary, there is too much going on in that environment, including listening to the car itself and watching for traffic on the lot.

Austin
Old 08-18-2005, 12:11 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,785 Likes on 2,371 Posts

depending on dealers. my audi service really pissed me off. 6mo ago they told me i got 4mm on pads. 1 6 mon later, they told me i got 6mm left (didn't know pads grow)..... soon after that service i was metal on metal (less than 100 miles after the service)... so i went back with smoke coming out of my ear and fire through my nose... service manager talked to me, immediately apologized and told me to have the work done anywhere i want and they will cut the check to have it corrected. now, i am a good friend of the service manager.

ppl makes mistakes. step to the plate and fix the prob. if they can't do it. forget the CD, broadcast if on rennlist and none of us will ever go there.
Old 08-18-2005, 03:30 AM
djantlive
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is amazing in that they took the effort to trace the owner(and was able to do so). Most car manufacturers don't even get 10% of the faulty parts back. When they do, it comes in a box full of unlabeled junk.

I think Porsche actually requests all warranty covered parts to be sent back. Is this true?

If you have a special item, don't leave it when taking the car to service. I sanitize the car before my dealer visit.

Originally Posted by C4S Surgeon
I took mine into Silverstar Porsche to check the radio, they replaced it. When I drove it home, the new radio sounded great but I had left my CD in the old one that had been sent to Germany, oh well. About two months later I get a priority airmail delivery from germany, postage paid $29. They sent me back my CD that they found in the radio!
Old 08-18-2005, 03:54 AM
Scalded Dog
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with Austin; I have dealt with Niello's for years and have purchased 4 Porsches from them. Contact the GM Don F. and he will make it right, (my experience with them is that they will go to most any length to make your experience at their dealership a very pleasant one - they have a great service department and the entire staff is always willing to help with ANY problems).
Old 08-18-2005, 05:07 AM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 85 Likes on 38 Posts

that's so effed up
Old 08-20-2005, 01:37 AM
ArcticFox
Burning Brakes

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts

I think i will call him next week and just tell him what happened....so that he can keep an eye out for the culprit. I don't care about the money for a replacement, but I think its a good idea to at least let him know whats going on. Thanks for all the advice...I will post back if something nutty happens.

Quick Reply: Niello Porsche Service Experience (bad) -- Advice Needed