Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DA aftermarket Shocks

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2005 | 06:07 PM
Z06
Three Wheelin'

Default DA aftermarket Shocks

Considering going with an after market shock and maybe springs....

I would like them to be Double Adjustable with spring rates not to far off stock....what are the choices?

Who has done this change, what did you use and how did you like it?

How is the ride? I still plan on driving it on the street.
Old 06-26-2005 | 09:28 PM
Cupcar#12
Addict
Rennlist Member

i think for a GT-3 the only real choices are
Moton (Pro or club sport) http://www.motonsuspension.com (call steve @ www.rennsportsystems.com - a board sponsor)
Protrac/JRZ www.protrac.nl/jrz/
or Cartrdge engineering (porsche motorsports)

oh forgot to mention i have Moton's for my 964 cup car
Old 06-26-2005 | 10:13 PM
Z06
Three Wheelin'

I would like the rebound and spring rates to be already figured out.....just install and dial in.

For my Z06 i bought a set of DA Penske, from Penske for the Corvette...they were way off.

I had them redone by Guy Ankeny who is "the" guy to set up corvette chassis...he does Speed World cars and allot of club racers...autox .scca. ...huge difference when done right.

Who has the most experience with shock/spring chassis setups for Porsche that would work in low to mid speed tracks?
Old 06-26-2005 | 10:25 PM
Steve Weiner-Rennsport Systems
RL Technical Advisor

Originally Posted by Z06
Considering going with an after market shock and maybe springs....

I would like them to be Double Adjustable with spring rates not to far off stock....what are the choices?

Who has done this change, what did you use and how did you like it?

How is the ride? I still plan on driving it on the street.
Hi:

As you probably know, there is a LOT more to this than meets the eye.

Without question, a good set of DA shocks (properly configured) offers unparalled handling and flexibility but spring choices and valving plays a big role when such suspensions will be used on the street.

FWIW, we use custom-configured Moton Clubsports and tailor the spring package around the car's tire package and the driver's experience & skills. Its NOT a one-size-fits-all sort of thing.
Old 06-26-2005 | 11:02 PM
NOBLEGT3
Banned

Originally Posted by Z06
I would like the rebound and spring rates to be already figured out.....just install and dial in.

For my Z06 i bought a set of DA Penske, from Penske for the Corvette...they were way off.

I had them redone by Guy Ankeny who is "the" guy to set up corvette chassis...he does Speed World cars and allot of club racers...autox .scca. ...huge difference when done right.

Who has the most experience with shock/spring chassis setups for Porsche that would work in low to mid speed tracks?
fiorano is doing revalving of the stock shocks by sending to bilstein . call courtney at fiorano 905 850 7600
Old 06-27-2005 | 03:09 AM
vegasgolf98
Racer

I have the Moton CS with custom Eibach spring rates (a lot stiffer than stock). My set up was specifically developed for the GT3 by Craig Stanton. My ride is much, much better than stock with no bump steer. I agree there are no magic pills, you need to experiment or find someone that has a car set up similar to yours and see how it handles.

Quick Reply: DA aftermarket Shocks