Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

sequential shifter 4 sale

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2005, 09:34 PM
vegasgolf98
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh, now I got it. I didn't realize that there even was a sequential shifter without the gearbox. That explains the big price difference. Thanks for educating me!
Old 06-26-2005, 10:03 PM
GT-Racer
Advanced

Hi Doug! How fast were you up or downshifting compared to a B&M? Do you still have it installed in the car? How much time did it take to put it in? Are there any other requirements as you make the installation that may impact other portions of the car? Sorry for asking all these questions, but I find this seq. shifter very interesting and may go for it. If you still have it in the car, I'd like to come by and test drive it. Last question - what are you getting next? ;-) Hope everything is well! Luis
Old 06-26-2005, 10:16 PM
dpblessing
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GT-Racer
Hi Doug! How fast were you up or downshifting compared to a B&M? Do you still have it installed in the car? How much time did it take to put it in? Are there any other requirements as you make the installation that may impact other portions of the car? Sorry for asking all these questions, but I find this seq. shifter very interesting and may go for it. If you still have it in the car, I'd like to come by and test drive it. Last question - what are you getting next? ;-) Hope everything is well! Luis
Hello Luis...
If anyone is a prime candidate for this mod it would be you and your wild car!!

It is out of the car.
James (or George or Alex) would know more about the install time, but I think James said it was pretty easy but does take a few hours though. The most time consuming part I think was cutting the cables, but when we pulled it I bought new cables so this comes with a set pre-cut. Other than the cables there are no real issues with the install, other than a small bracket under the vertical center console (connecting the main console to the dash) needs to be trimmed a bit to make room for the electromagnet assist unit, but is invisible after the covers go on and is not structural.

As I recall the B&M travel (from one gear to the next) is something like 5.5 - 6 inches. Also, as I recall, this is in the 2.5-3 inch range so far less movement is required and there are no left-right moves in the middle.

We can arrange for you to table top it sometime to see how it works and feel the travel distance involved.

I still have no idea what I want next...
Maybe a Lambo???
Got to keep up with the Fernandez'z
Old 06-27-2005, 03:00 AM
GT-Racer
Advanced

Originally Posted by dpblessing
Hello Luis...
If anyone is a prime candidate for this mod it would be you and your wild car!!

It is out of the car.
James (or George or Alex) would know more about the install time, but I think James said it was pretty easy but does take a few hours though. The most time consuming part I think was cutting the cables, but when we pulled it I bought new cables so this comes with a set pre-cut. Other than the cables there are no real issues with the install, other than a small bracket under the vertical center console (connecting the main console to the dash) needs to be trimmed a bit to make room for the electromagnet assist unit, but is invisible after the covers go on and is not structural.

As I recall the B&M travel (from one gear to the next) is something like 5.5 - 6 inches. Also, as I recall, this is in the 2.5-3 inch range so far less movement is required and there are no left-right moves in the middle.

We can arrange for you to table top it sometime to see how it works and feel the travel distance involved.

I still have no idea what I want next...
Maybe a Lambo???
Got to keep up with the Fernandez'z
Thanks for the info Doug. I’m getting ready for a track event next weekend so I’ll have little time to come by and check out the shifter (my car is going through a major diet and is in pieces ). But if you still have the shifter after the 4th, we should definitely arrange a date/time to get together. I’ll try to reach James to get more details on the install. Btw, who makes it?

Haha, I know, Robert is moving fast, but at least he kept the Porsche with the family... So, Lambo… would be a great choice! I am also looking for another car, and like you, not sure yet which one...

Talk to you soon! Luis
Old 06-27-2005, 04:07 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by GT-Racer
How much time did it take to put it in? Are there any other requirements as you make the installation that may impact other portions of the car? Sorry for asking all these questions, but I find this seq. shifter very interesting and may go for it.
http://www.cartronic-motorsport.de/e/por_sequ.html
http://www.cartronic-motorsport.de/e/por_sequ_eg.html

http://www.cartronic-motorsport.de/e..._konstr_1.html

http://www.cartronic-motorsport.de/d...assembly_e.doc
Old 06-27-2005, 05:01 PM
carerracup
Cruisin'

Where can i find a real seq gearbox? Price?

Thanks
Niclas Sweden

Quick Reply: sequential shifter 4 sale