Sponsored by:

WOW, I THINK I HAVE A NEW FAVORITE PORSCHE

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2005, 04:46 PM
Giantviper
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Default WOW, I THINK I HAVE A NEW FAVORITE PORSCHE

This moring i got a ride in GT3 and HOLY COW THAT THING IS FAST!!!! Wow i think it is the fastest car i have ever ridden in. It felt like the power band never ended. I think i fell in love. This is what a porsche is supposed to drive like!!! A real drivers car. Oh and the sound at 8200 RPM wow that engine sings who needs a radio with an engine like that. Who needs back seats, navigation control and other stupid expensive stuff and a sun roof when something drives like that.

Heck I was just in the passenger seat and got out of the car with a grin ear to ear on.

I do not understand why they do not make all there models like this one. Its a REAL SPORTS CAR. to porsche for making a model like they should be built.

I think it is more fun then the twin turbo. And i cannot imagine what the 997 GT3 will drive like with the 3.8 liter engine and the supposed 410 naturally asspired engine.
Old 06-11-2005, 10:58 PM
JAX GT3
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default It is a Driver!!

I have had mine for 6 weeks and drive it every day. I have 3,100 miles and am racking them quickly. I will never have another garage queen. These cars were meant to be driven alot and hard!! Best of Luck.
Old 06-12-2005, 12:46 PM
JS
Race Car

Received 541 Likes on 354 Posts

Originally Posted by Giantviper
I think it is more fun then the twin turbo.
I agree.
Old 06-12-2005, 07:37 PM
9Eleven
Three Wheelin'

Received 61 Likes on 47 Posts

I also test drove a 2005 yellow GT3 on Friday, it had 4800K on it. It was unbelievable. I fell in love with it, but not the color. I found a new "guards red" GT3 with ceramic brakes, the Porsche logo in the headrests and red stitching throughout the black interior, red gauges, seatbelts, seatback, and console. I can only tell you how beautiful the car is by the pictures over the internet.

The car is in Florida, it's one of the last brand new 2005 GT3's in the country. 32 miles on it, on the showroom floor. I live in Maryland and put a deposit on it. Going to fly down the 23rd or 24th to pay for it and have it trailered up north. They told me the same guy that transports their Carrera GT's will deliver my car. That's good enough for me.

I feel like I just won the lottery, I wake up every morning just waiting for the moment I set eyes on her. Somebody pinch me. I would post a photo but I deleted my membership number and I'm waiting for Rennlist to re-issue a new one or send me my old one again. Somebody offer me a cigar.
Old 06-12-2005, 08:04 PM
WULF
Instructor

Congratulations. You do realise that the 23rd is a long way off. Lusting after a new GT3 - nothing like it!
Old 06-12-2005, 09:35 PM
9Eleven
Three Wheelin'

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by WULF
Congratulations. You do realise that the 23rd is a long way off. Lusting after a new GT3 - nothing like it!
Thanks, that's a photo of her as my Avatar. How do you make your avatar larger, and how do you post a photo with more pixels? A word to our ealier message about the new GT3. Every Porsche dealer has indicated that there will not be a GT3 for 2006. That's why I'm going to Florida. 07 is the year the new model will come out. Does anyone have any different information?
Old 06-12-2005, 09:38 PM
ltcjmramos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 158 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by Udaman
SNIP I live in Maryland and put a deposit on it. Going to fly down the 23rd or 24th to pay for it and have it trailered up north. SNIP .
Why trailer it? Drive the snot out of it!! Must be some decent roads between there and your home, no?
Old 06-12-2005, 09:50 PM
9Eleven
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by ltcjmramos
Why trailer it? Drive the snot out of it!! Must be some decent roads between there and your home, no?
I've got to get back to MD. I also can't bring myself to driving that baby back on I95 and getting stone chips from trucks. I guess it's too new, got the daddy complex.
Old 06-13-2005, 05:40 PM
buckdr1
Addict
Rennlist Member

Udaman, Enjoy your new toy! FWIW, if it's a keeper for you, get a " Clear" Bra and related pieces (lower skirts, mirrors, rear wheel well edges.....before you start driving the snot out of it Especially if you got The Daddy complex
Just my .02.
Bill
Old 06-13-2005, 07:09 PM
bora
Racer

Originally Posted by WULF
Exactly, I waited about 12 hrs to get mine after I located it
Old 06-13-2005, 07:55 PM
rss997
Three Wheelin'

Awesome, enjoy the hell out of it!
Old 06-13-2005, 08:30 PM
9Eleven
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by buckdr1
Udaman, Enjoy your new toy! FWIW, if it's a keeper for you, get a " Clear" Bra and related pieces (lower skirts, mirrors, rear wheel well edges.....before you start driving the snot out of it Especially if you got The Daddy complex
Just my .02.
Bill
Thank you, thank you. I will download some photos when she gets here. Although being new to this game, I do understand the reason for a clear bra, rear wheel edges and lower skirts, (stone chips, right?) But you will have to elaborate on the reason for mirrors. Do they get chipped too? I feel like a new father. Thanks again, I couldn't ever imagine being in a more exclusive club, than the club of GT2 and GT3 owners. Not to many of us out there.
Old 06-13-2005, 09:12 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,799 Likes on 2,375 Posts

yes, clear bra is for rock chip protection. you will also get some on mirror, but the worst is wheel arches and under sideskirt. if you drive on street, these are great investment. if you driven on track, the clear bra on side skirt and wheel arches will get chew up and need replacement every year.
Old 06-13-2005, 09:20 PM
bora
Racer

Originally Posted by mooty
yes, clear bra is for rock chip protection. you will also get some on mirror, but the worst is wheel arches and under sideskirt. if you drive on street, these are great investment. if you driven on track, the clear bra on side skirt and wheel arches will get chew up and need replacement every year.
Hence I decided to invest in some tape to tape over the sideskirts
Old 06-13-2005, 09:57 PM
9Eleven
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by mooty
Great thanks for the advice. Where is the best place to order these body bras?
I'm also interested in purchasing a car cover to keep the dust off her when she's parked in the garage, any recommendations for a website or performance shop for any of this?

Last edited by Udaman; 06-13-2005 at 10:37 PM.

Quick Reply: WOW, I THINK I HAVE A NEW FAVORITE PORSCHE