996 GT2/GT3 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WOW, I THINK I HAVE A NEW FAVORITE PORSCHE

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2005 | 10:18 PM
Steve in FL
Burning Brakes

Udaman: What dealer are you buying from? I'd highly recommend having Alan Seligman <http://www.invincaman.com/> do an install at the dealership before you pick up your GT3. Alan does excellent work and the bill for doing the install on-site in Tampa (Alan is based just north of Orlando) was a little over $600. Considering the millions of love bugs I killed on the drive home with my GT3 I considered it money well spent - not to mention the chips it's prevented on the track.
Old 06-14-2005 | 12:25 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

udaman, for car cover, www. carnewal.com. expensive but nice.
don't do clear bra yourself. hire a professional, night and day difference.

bora, ugh now you tell me ;-) i'll be at BW 7/1-7/3, come down.
Old 06-14-2005 | 08:29 AM
9Eleven
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by mooty
udaman, for car cover, www. carnewal.com. expensive but nice.
don't do clear bra yourself. hire a professional, night and day difference.

bora, ugh now you tell me ;-) i'll be at BW 7/1-7/3, come down.
I'm buying it from Champion Audi/Porsche in Coral Springs, FL. I went on the web site for the clear bra. I will have him go down there and do it before I trailer it back north. Thanks for all the help.
Old 06-14-2005 | 08:50 AM
gmund 1
Advanced

Udaman, I did a full clear bra kit localy here in Annapolis. The guy is really good and is fully mobile. I will give you a call on your cell after I get his Number from Home. Its a must do mod
Gmund
Old 06-14-2005 | 09:47 AM
9Eleven
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by gmund 1
Udaman, I did a full clear bra kit localy here in Annapolis. The guy is really good and is fully mobile. I will give you a call on your cell after I get his Number from Home. Its a must do mod
Gmund
Thanks. Does he do the side skirts and the rear wheel well edges? I looked up the carnewal site for the car cover, they're nice, but the company is in Belgium. Is this the only place to get these? Do they have a location in North America? Any other car cover suggestions? By the way GMund, I called Tifs yesterday. Nice people. Talked a little shop. I am going to take the advice of Holger B (Rennlist member) and break her in and get used to her before I mod the engine. But Tifs will be doing the normal routine maintenance till then. Keep the info coming, it helps pass the time until she arrives
Old 06-14-2005 | 12:23 PM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

most good clear bra installer will do wheel arches and sideskirts. those are custom pieces and they should be able to figure out how to cut those.

if you find carnewal too far, griots garage has this indoor (i assume you are looking for indoor) cover thats line with felt inside. griot has a large markup on that, they don't make it. that's the one i have (before i knew gert). however, other rennlister may have experience in who makes soft flannel covers.
Old 06-14-2005 | 12:43 PM
9Eleven
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by mooty
most good clear bra installer will do wheel arches and sideskirts. those are custom pieces and they should be able to figure out how to cut those.

if you find carnewal too far, griots garage has this indoor (i assume you are looking for indoor) cover thats line with felt inside. griot has a large markup on that, they don't make it. that's the one i have (before i knew gert). however, other rennlister may have experience in who makes soft flannel covers.
I was on a site called auto anything and was thinking of ordering the Ultrasoft model for indoors. I like the one carnewel has, but I couldn't find any price or ordering instruction on their website. Although, I've been advised that no matter how carefull you are, a car cover will scratch your car. Have you experienced any scratches with your cover?"

Last edited by Udaman; 06-14-2005 at 01:03 PM.
Old 06-14-2005 | 07:08 PM
Holger B
Race Car

I've got a car cover from Costco that I swap between the GT3 & M3. I'm sure it's not as nice as the fancy ones, but it does the job well and doesn't scratch the cars.
Old 06-14-2005 | 08:24 PM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

here is how i use my cover.
i literally wash all my cars every weekend around 4 in the morning (no comments please, and i don't sleep). i use the cover after i wash the cars. once i have driven the cars, i don't use the cover again until they are washed again. as far as i can tell, i haven't scratched any of the cars yet.
Old 06-14-2005 | 09:32 PM
cigarette1
Instructor

I've washed my car once since I bought it two months ago. It gets a California Dusting and a Quick Detail w/ microfiber towels when put away. I also give it a Dusting, wipe down and window cleaning before taking it out.

I don't need no stinkin' cover
Old 06-15-2005 | 08:37 AM
9Eleven
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by cigarette1
I've washed my car once since I bought it two months ago. It gets a California Dusting and a Quick Detail w/ microfiber towels when put away. I also give it a Dusting, wipe down and window cleaning before taking it out.

I don't need no stinkin' cover
That's how I take care of my Harley, It's an 03 and it's never been wet. But I do cover it. It gets pretty dusty in the garage. California dusting? What's that? Do you mean you use one of those cloth dusters that kind of look like a mop?
Old 06-15-2005 | 11:35 AM
cigarette1
Instructor

Originally Posted by Udaman
.... Do you mean you use one of those cloth dusters that kind of look like a mop?
That's it

Quick Reply: WOW, I THINK I HAVE A NEW FAVORITE PORSCHE