Sponsored by:

Suspension question

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2005, 12:43 PM
geoffucla
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suspension question

Hi all, I've got a question regarding adjustments to the front suspension. On all of the posts I've seen regarding recommended alignment settings, caster is included. I've talked to the tech at the shop, though, and he insists caster is not adjustable on the suspension. We can see it changing as a result of changes to other settings (like camber and toe), but he says there's no way to specifically adjust the caster. Is he full of it?? I would think there would be some way to adjust it... Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks--

Geoff.
Guards GT3
Old 05-25-2005, 02:04 PM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Received 247 Likes on 203 Posts

I maybe wrong but I don't think caster is adjustable only in that like you said by setting toe/camber caster is adjusted to that setting. Remember posts with regards to use of camber shims that it affects caster which in my mind caster is a reflection of toe/camber. Regards. Mike
Old 05-25-2005, 02:05 PM
cosmos
Rennlist Member

Received 1,117 Likes on 617 Posts

Correct. Caster is NOT adjustable on the car. However it will change when you change other settings, such as toe and camber.

FYI, you want caster between 7-8.5.
Old 05-25-2005, 02:54 PM
redduck996
Burning Brakes

What kind of suspension does the stock GT3 come with and how does it differ from the ROW m030 or pss9's?

thanks in advance
Old 05-25-2005, 03:24 PM
geoffucla
Instructor

The GT3 comes with, well, the GT3 suspension (sorry).
Thanks for the advise on the caster. That's exactly what we noticed--I wanted 2 degrees negative all around, and one side needed shims while the other was attainable at the top. Because of this, the caster was quite different between the two front wheels. So, my option was to go with less camber and only use the tops, or to use shims on both wheels. We're going with the second option. The shop had to order more shims (man those are expensive for stamped metal!), so we'll try and get the caster in line. Right now because of the difference, the car pulls to the right. Anyway, thanks for the help!

Geoff.

Quick Reply: Suspension question