Sponsored by:

This will buff right out ...

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2005, 07:50 AM
forklift
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the facts. I am glad you are okay and the car will be ready soon. I agree we are all learning whether we are newbies or seasoned vets.

Hope to meet you at Summit or VIR this year.

Jim
Old 04-28-2005, 09:21 AM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3 Nut
Hey, by the way guys, it is cool that there isn't alot of trash talk on this forum, as there is on others. It seems that most here care about fellow enthusiasts. On the vette board everyone had an opinion without having facts. "11/10ths at VIR" is an opinion. Here the guy shows me in pictures stating at what "10th" I'm driving. Whatever. Just because I was going faster than he was comfortable and I made a mistake, does that make me a bad driver? I'm LEARNING. The mistake cost me. Will I make another? YES. I just hope it doesn't cost me next time, or the next, etc. I love to drive at the track. Sometimes I push it a little. I know there is always the possibility of well...(see above). But mind you this: I was having fun - before I screwed up at least. And I will be back out there asap.
Damn,

Sorry to hear/see this Matt but cool to see your reactions about it.

That's nasty but it can be fixed.
**** happens when you test your limits and some people are willing to test them while others aren't.

I some times get comments about my driving because I'm often sliding a little and just basically "on the edge" while they aren't comfortable doing it.
I understand them not doing it but if I'm comfortable being little sideways and "pushing" more than them, that doesn't mean I'm 11/10ths or wreckless, and I never do it in a situation when my screwup would lead into a collision with someone else.
Maybe for them I am 11/10ths but not for me, that's just my style & way of driving.

I hope you get your car back soon (besides the scuff marks & wheel at the momnet, great looking thing BTW)!

Quick Reply: This will buff right out ...