GT3 Pagid PS 19 Brake Squeal

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2005, 08:18 AM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 256 Likes on 119 Posts

MacGT3 -

Racerron lives across the street. He refers to the right turn into his driveway as "pit-in". That should give you a clue. H was the guy wearing the t-shirt saying "if speed kills, you're looking at a dead man".

Brucegre - is the guy who helped me prove that a GT3 Cup and a street GT3 reach the same velocity on the back straight <grins remembering>.

As to the brakes making noise I cannot figure out why mine don't and my wife's do. Perhaps my next set will be noisy and she won't be jealous.

Rgds,
Old 04-20-2005, 12:32 PM
GT3 Racer
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bedding in

http://www.pagidusa.com/pagidracing/...adbedding.html here is the link to bedding in.
Old 04-20-2005, 07:46 PM
MWM
Intermediate

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but you don't need to swap pads AND rotors for track vs. street. Just a pad swap will do, so long as you "clean off" the rotors by braking lightly with the abrasive RS-19 pads both before and after the swap. Oh, and re-bed the pads after the swap (if going back to street pads) or after the clean off (if going from street to race pads).
Old 04-20-2005, 10:40 PM
GT3 Racer
Rennlist Member

Also when you put used or new pads on used rotors take a die grinder and bevel the edge slightly
Old 04-20-2005, 11:14 PM
brucegre
Banned

Originally Posted by cosmos
Bruce,

How do you like the 29 pads??

Cosmos, I tried them at Shannonville (very tight, ####### brakes, highest speed is about 130) and they were awesome. This was in combination with the Brembo floating rotors, it was just great stopping power with none of the shake that we get so used to. I can't wait to try them at Trembant and Mosport, where the speeds are higher.

I'll report back after I have more track time on them, but so far, big thumbs up.

Bruce
Old 04-21-2005, 01:09 AM
street
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Ny RS 29s squeal, but oddly only at high speed with medium pedal pressure.
Old 04-21-2005, 11:39 PM
Racerron
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

MacGT3,
It's a rare Z car or Vette (read Bowtie truck) driver, that has the gonads to go that fast in one of those things, whereas life in a GT3 begins at 150
Anyway I hope you settle your brake (not break) squeal problem.
BTW breaks is what non P-cars do alot of at the track
Old 04-21-2005, 11:45 PM
cosmos
Rennlist Member

Received 1,148 Likes on 629 Posts

Bruce,

You running the 29's front and rear?
Old 04-22-2005, 12:35 AM
brucegre
Banned

Cos, I am running them front and back, so far so good.
Old 04-22-2005, 05:25 PM
supercup
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 50 Posts

I swap back and forth for track days. Nice quite street pads for the street and efficient track pads for the track, which make a lot of noise on the street. I believe I have RS14's for the track.

JCM
Old 04-22-2005, 11:38 PM
MacGT3
Advanced

Racerron, Zcar is a highly modified Scarab, with a race prepared 357SBC V8 producing 550Hp on the dyno,race prpared GForce 5 speed tranny, full cage, 4piston 13 inch wilwoods on the front and 2 piston 13 inch wilwoods on the rear, highly modified racing suspension and only 2300lbs. Will run away and hide from the GT3, yours, mine anyones.

Z06 motor is modified and produces 500hp, with supension and brake upgrades, very fast but very big, kinda of like dancing with a pretty girl that is a little big in the hips. No cage or harness. Both cars exceed 150mph quickly and then some when on a track that allows us to let our legs out (VIR).

Both Cars Brake with the GT3 because of there respective modifications and the Scarab actually corners with the GT3 due to the extensive suspension modifications, however, I like driving the GT3 the best. It is fast as hell, handles like a dream, is docile enough to drive every day(once I eliminate current brake squeal issue) the Scarab will beat the hell out of you on the street with the extreme cam, harsh suspension, no power steering and no airconditioning and an exhaust so loud that you cannot hear anything else.

The Vette is great for everyday driving, very fast in the straights at the track but not as nimble as the GT3 in the corners as you well know from many experiences with Z06's at the track.

I am not new to racing, just new to Porche GT3's. When upgrading brake pads on the other cars I have never experinced the fitment problems that I did with the rear PS19's pads for my GT3 and then the resulting noise was very dissapointing.

Possibly the next set will fit better and run quieter, until then I am returning to stock pads for the street so that I can enter resturant parking lots with a little less fanfare.

Thank you for your helpful responses and welcoming me into your group. (It also sounds like you guy's have a very intersting neighborhood.)
Old 05-05-2006, 12:48 AM
bora
Racer

Originally Posted by Bob Rouleau
MacGT3 -

Racerron lives across the street. He refers to the right turn into his driveway as "pit-in". That should give you a clue. H was the guy wearing the t-shirt saying "if speed kills, you're looking at a dead man".

Brucegre - is the guy who helped me prove that a GT3 Cup and a street GT3 reach the same velocity on the back straight <grins remembering>.

As to the brakes making noise I cannot figure out why mine don't and my wife's do. Perhaps my next set will be noisy and she won't be jealous.

Rgds,
Bob

I can confirm that RS19s do NOT squeal at all when vibration dampeners from Porsche are installed on the pads.

No squeal at all.

Now how do I bed in RS19s on new rotors on the street. The brakes work all right, but not as grabby as they were on old rotors?
Old 05-05-2006, 12:54 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,675 Likes on 2,333 Posts

Originally Posted by bora
Now how do I bed in RS19s on new rotors on the street. The brakes work all right, but not as grabby as they were on old rotors?
LOL, i make tony do it for me.
no, seriously, i find deserted hwy that i am familiar with so i know there's no cops, and i do it around 5am, 60mph down to 20, 80 mph down to 30-40, 100mph down to 40 or so, do each about 4-5 times then i drive for 30 min to cool rotors off then drive to track.
Old 05-05-2006, 12:58 AM
bora
Racer

Just got the car realigned and corner weighted by Tony. What can I say, other than the new discs,
the handling is night and day. I took one of the freeway on ramps at a good clip of speed and rock solid.

Me happy now (at least this far)

And not having any brake squeal is a huge bonus!
Old 05-05-2006, 01:09 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,675 Likes on 2,333 Posts

you mean your car was not aligned by tony previous to today?
all i know is that his alignment numbers are not the same as what most ppl use on RL, but it works great for me and fong.

haha, now that you like it, you should keep it.

Quick Reply: GT3 Pagid PS 19 Brake Squeal