Sponsored by:

Clear Bra and CW color and AB delete

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2005, 07:12 AM
Jim H.
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Clear Bra and CW color and AB delete

What is your opinion on a Clear Bra for a Carrara White GT3? For some reason I thought it wasn't a good idea and cast a yellowish hue, but I can't find that information now and it appears some on this board have it installed on their CW cars. Thoughts? Anyone with a recommendation for an installer in the Dayton/Cincinnati area?

Also, I'm interested in changing out my steering wheel for a non-airbag Suede Cup Car steering wheel. Has anyone done this and can it be done without causing other airbag issues (warning lights, no side airbags, etc.)?

Thanks much.
Old 03-28-2005, 11:02 AM
bora
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jim H.
What is your opinion on a Clear Bra for a Carrara White GT3? For some reason I thought it wasn't a good idea and cast a yellowish hue, but I can't find that information now and it appears some on this board have it installed on their CW cars. Thoughts? Anyone with a recommendation for an installer in the Dayton/Cincinnati area?

Also, I'm interested in changing out my steering wheel for a non-airbag Suede Cup Car steering wheel. Has anyone done this and can it be done without causing other airbag issues (warning lights, no side airbags, etc.)?

Thanks much.
I have a white GT3 and just had 3M clear protection film installed.
This is my fourth car with the same film installed on it.

Overall in certain light, the film does have a slight yellowish hue, however
in most light you can not tell it is there.

The worst thing is that the white shows every little spec in the film so if you look at it from 5 inches, you see some dots etc. From 2 ft. no problem.

I think clear film looks great on red and dark silver cars. White is tough and from what I seen on black and very dark blue cars, that is a tough color also.

OTOH, the protection is real and well worth it. So I would say go for it.
Old 03-28-2005, 12:42 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,800 Likes on 2,376 Posts

i have the same film and same installer as bora, my too has slight yellow tint depending on lighting conditions. it's really not too bad.
Old 03-28-2005, 07:26 PM
Jim H.
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks. I figured as much but it does seem the protection is worth it. Now the hard part of finding someone near Dayton Ohio to install it.

Anybody with ideas on losing the steering wheel in favor of one without an airbag?

Quick Reply: Clear Bra and CW color and AB delete