Sponsored by:

Brembo floating hardware info

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2005, 07:43 PM
Mikey
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by healeyg
the winning GT3 cup car at 24hr daytona had slotted ap rotors, required for the tougher conditions
That's good to know. I thought the main reason for the holes or slots was to remove water and pad material not gas. So it's pretty much slotted if you are in hot climates and drilled if it rains where you live.
Old 04-09-2005, 06:16 PM
Apex Late
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

MDS,

I just installed the same brake system as you have. I am getting a clicking or clunking noise when I brake at a slow speed. I have checked everything and all seems well. I was wondering if you are experiencing the same noise? I am thinking that it might be due to the floating aspect of this set up.

I would welcome comments from others who might know as well.

Thanks
Old 04-10-2005, 09:09 PM
mds
Pro

Originally Posted by Apex Late
MDS,

I just installed the same brake system as you have. I am getting a clicking or clunking noise when I brake at a slow speed. I have checked everything and all seems well. I was wondering if you are experiencing the same noise? I am thinking that it might be due to the floating aspect of this set up.

I would welcome comments from others who might know as well.

Thanks
Yes, I'm getting the same noise, under light braking and sometimes even when not braking. I spoke with the Brembo, they say the noises are normal. There should be 13 to 18 thousands of an inch float between the bell and the disc, you can check this with a feeler gauge.
Old 04-10-2005, 09:29 PM
Apex Late
Instructor

MDS,

Thanks for the reply. I was going a little crazy. I had my guys chcek the bolts and even after they were tightened the noise was still there. The reason I was concerned is that the noise was not there for the first 80 kms or so until I gave the car a couple of good hard brakes. I am happy to hear that Brembo says that it is good to go. Although the noise is a little disruptive the brake capability seems much improved.

Thanks again for the prompt reply. Please let me know if you hear anything that is a concern with this.

Apex Late
Old 04-10-2005, 09:36 PM
mds
Pro

Keith, regarding tightening the bolts, torque them to 61 in-lbs. The nuts have a special oblong self locking shape, they should be replaced when replacing the discs. Also check the T-bobbins, replace if the coating is worn.
Old 04-10-2005, 09:41 PM
mds
Pro

Oh, mine were quiet too at first, and then got noisy later after some more driving.

Quick Reply: Brembo floating hardware info